News Article: PK Subban: “We can beat these guys. We’re better."

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
Another choice quote from the article.

“It’s a situation now where all the pressure’s on [the Senators]. They’re up 3-1. They want to end this thing but they’ve got to beat us first, so good luck to them. We’ve been outshooting them every game. We’ve got good goaltending no matter who is in the net. So I wish them the best of luck.â€

Full article here: http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013...-than-senators-look-to-stave-off-elimination/

I actually kind of liked Subban before this series, I had no idea what a clown he was/is.

What was PKS going to say? I don't like his attitude at all but I can't bash him for carrying his team's flag during interviews.

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
Ok PKS I guess you don't have "good goal tending no matter who's in net."

240boy

Feb 21, 2013
Kingston
Subban is like a disease that wont go away. Its to bad he cant take his skill and work that into the dressing room. He's hated because of his mouth and not respected for the same reason. Ive never liked the guy but never questioned his ability and its quotes like this that make him a joke and stop him truly becoming one of the NHL's elite.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Don't hate guys. He is a great young player that plays hard, he will eventually mature as he continues to develop.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I by "we can beat these guys, we're better" PK meant that the Habs are like a bug flying lazily over the 417 and the Sens are like the windshield on a truck rolling along at 120 clicks than yeah, he is absolutely right.

Splat.

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
Don't hate guys. He is a great young player that plays hard, he will eventually mature as he continues to develop.

He's a great player but makes his team worse with negative leadership. They need some old vet to tell him to shut up and just play.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
He's a great player but makes his team worse with negative leadership. They need some old vet to tell him to shut up and just play.

Not sure about that. But I agree the habs need a better leadership core. Its going to be an interesting off season for them.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I admit liking that shot of a stunned Subban after losing.

Going after Silfverberg?

Sure I'd take him on my team, but when I'm playing against him, he's a tool.

WhiteLight*

orly.jpg

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

Going after Silfverberg?

I'm not sure I would want the guy on our team.

Great physical tools sure, but a good portion of the success this team has had, has been because of their cohesiveness, and I'm not sure putting in a guy that has the vibe of being someone that nobody can stand, but they put up with him because he's a good player, would be a good addition to the locker room.

Shec8576

Feb 14, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Subban is a great player but he needs to mature thats for sure. His ridiculously over the top celebrations and chirping the Sens bench was certainly not something that hurt the Sens motivation.

Gamesmanship is part of the game and PK made himself look like an idiot at the end of the day.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Subban has a lot of maturing to do. The skill is there, the brain is not. If he ever grows up he'll be a special player.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Going after Silfverberg?

I wouldn't

Sure he has a fantastic skill set but that's about it

He might end growing up and become as good as he can truly be, but right now? I wouldn't want him on my team, those stupid twirls of his drive me crazy and they do nothing, like those GOD DAMN goggles!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hadn't seen that in a while!

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Subban is a great player but he needs to mature thats for sure. His ridiculously over the top celebrations and chirping the Sens bench was certainly not something that hurt the Sens motivation.

Gamesmanship is part of the game and PK made himself look like an idiot at the end of the day.

Keep firing dem arrows, Katniss.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Subban could play on my team any day. He needs to mature a bit, tone down the rah rah personality and not try for the big butt hit all the time which often gets him out of position but he's a very good offensive D with a heck of a shot. We need to remember he's young and still has much to learn about true leadership.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I'm not sure I would want the guy on our team.

Great physical tools sure, but a good portion of the success this team has had, has been because of their cohesiveness, and I'm not sure putting in a guy that has the vibe of being someone that nobody can stand, but they put up with him because he's a good player, would be a good addition to the locker room.

He make our PP pretty good.

I'd have h im on my team. Not the most mature guy but teams have won with bigger babies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00