News Article: PK Subban: “We can beat these guys. We’re better."

sensageddon

Feb 24, 2013
I also was a fan of PK's before the series. Jumping our weakest player Turris, then punching him when down with linesman on top made me dislike him.

This comment is just amusing. It only makes PK look stupid. Of course he believes they can win, as every pro athlete should. But to publicize it, and give bulletin board material to opponent is stupid.

Same here. Was a fan of his, not so much anymore.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
I'd love to see Kassian jump him and kick the **** outta him.

Then when asked why, respond 'I asked him if he wanted to go and it didn't matter if he said yes'

What a ****ing piece of scum player 76 is.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Doesn't this fool realize that you never ever give your opponent anything to feed off of??? :shakehead

Go Sens!!!!

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
does anyone think he meant something along the lines of "we are a better team [than we've played thus far]"?

After watching the interview, that's the way I see it now.

We have just spent a week with the biggest bunch of whiner fans there is and now we're starting to sound like them.

Watch MacLean's presser from yesterday. That's class and confidence.

I wish he was my uncle or something.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
He's just frustrated...and of coarse cocky...but tonight the Sens will try and put the nail in the coffin.... R.I.P Les Habitants

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Hey PK do you like golf??

****!! We're up 3-1 for a reason, stop running your mouth... you're arrogant. in over your head not as good as Karlsson.

Would love to shut him up tonight in their own barn.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
that's pretty disrespekful. While the sens are going on about how good a goalie budaj is and how tough this game is going to be, pretend karlsson is mouthing off like this? 4 classless subbans.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
They Habs were a better team during the regular season but so far not in the playoffs where it really counts. I've said it all yr that I though the Habs were too small & too soft to win in the playoffs & it's proving true, again. I also said I thought Toronto was playing way above their player level & that too is proving true. I would expect a player to think his team is better & can win, who wants a teammate who thinks that they are not better & will lose. Problem is, it's just not true, Ottawa is better & they are proving it, but have also got some lucky breaks so far.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
What a moron. Really, you want to give the team that is cleaning your clock (in more ways than one) bulletin board material? Really? Hahaha .... Clearly, PK stands for Perennially Komical (dig the spelling? ;) ).

John Holmes*

The NE division winners are facing elimination at home to the #7 seed, and the pressure is on Ottawa?

:laugh:

If you say so...

Jonathan81

Sep 12, 2011
No guys, they got the 2nd seed only because we missed and still missing star player. With a healty lineup all year we would have been there no doubt in my mind.

FreakyBunny

Sep 4, 2006
Ottawa
Habs are a shell shocked team who are currently no where near the club that won the NE division. Sure, they could still win this series, but they just look beaten.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
I'm gonna be embarrassed to see this guy wearing a maple leaf when he goes and plays at the World's after tonight.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Honestly seeding doesn't mean as much as it used to anymore. A lot of people picked this series to be an upset special but I don't consider it an upset if we win. The gap in points are so close between teams now that seeding almost doesn't mean anything anymore. So many of the talking heads agreed that we were the most likely of all the lower seeded teams to win their playoff series. Back in the old days seeding meant a lot more but nowadays you don't see many gaps between a lot of teams in the playoffs.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I'm gonna be embarrassed to see this guy wearing a maple leaf when he goes and plays at the World's after tonight.

Why? I hate him when he plays for the Habs (or if he played for the Leafs) mainly because we don't hear the end of it and they exaggerate everything about him.

But at worlds? I just want to win and if PK Subban helps Team Canada win, that's great.

He had a great season so you would hope it carries over. I tend to think Subban is massively overrated - you look at the PP numbers he put up - his ES numbers have been stable.

So his PP numbers will most likely come down to earth next season.

Is he Norris caliber then? Nah, not in my eyes. A top pairing defensemen on most teams? Definitely.

That being said world competitions are generally special teams battles for Canada when it comes down to the better/powerhouse teams.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
Why? I hate him when he plays for the Habs (or if he played for the Leafs) mainly because we don't hear the end of it and they exaggerate everything about him.

But at worlds? I just want to win and if PK Subban helps Team Canada win, that's great.

He had a great season so you would hope it carries over. I tend to think Subban is massively overrated - you look at the PP numbers he put up - his ES numbers have been stable.

So his PP numbers will most likely come down to earth next season.

Is he Norris caliber then? Nah, not in my eyes. A top pairing defensemen on most teams? Definitely.

That being said world competitions are generally special teams battles for Canada when it comes down to the better/powerhouse teams.

He's a good player but he's also embarrassing. Yelling at teammates, acting hard, jumping people, all the antics. He needs to grow up and be a man. I hope he plays well at the World's though and wins a gold, though, but it's still embarrassing to have this guy represent you. Like I would be embarrassed to have Ovechkin represent me after his amazing backcheck last night.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
walrus.jpeg

Who cares about the comment. I just dislike this punk and hope he gets a beating soon.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Habs are a shell shocked team who are currently no where near the club that won the NE division. Sure, they could still win this series, but they just look beaten.

They are beaten and broken. Maclean's strategy from the first game was to punish them physically and it's paying off in spades. The size of the Sens' defence has been a huge factor against the smaller Habs. The longer the series goes the more this became a factor. Come get it PK.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Another choice quote from the article.

“It’s a situation now where all the pressure’s on [the Senators]. They’re up 3-1. They want to end this thing but they’ve got to beat us first, so good luck to them. We’ve been outshooting them every game. We’ve got good goaltending no matter who is in the net. So I wish them the best of luck.â€

Full article here: http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013...-than-senators-look-to-stave-off-elimination/

I actually kind of liked Subban before this series, I had no idea what a clown he was/is.

Right PK... So you CAN beat us, but just chose not to 3 of the 4 playoff games in this series? Cool story bro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad