Confirmed with Link: Pius Suter signing with the Wings

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Team is still finding its way and he's been defensively capable, so far. He and Zadina have been really solid defensively despite getting limited offense from that line so far.

Reactions: wings95 and Bench

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Fabbri and Rasmussen both winning face-offs at a greater than 50% clip thus far, so perhaps he should play wing?
Or at least let someone else take the FO. TJ Oshie has always been a winger and he isn't great at FO but he's taken a good number of them when the center struggles. With him it's a matchup call (right handed), but just making the point that it's OK to have the winger take FO.

Reactions: TheClap

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He’s taken 26 face offs this year.

Don’t let that cloud the fact that he’s 133 and 177 (42.9%) in his career before that.

I don't really care what he has been on his career in the past, struggling with bad knees. He is reborn healthy guy now in his prime, and was great as Center, when Larkin was suspended.

That was promising, so why not try as 2nd line Center?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Don’t let that cloud the fact that he’s 133 and 177 (42.9%) in his career before that.
He was 50% last season after the first 8 games as center. He had 2 really bad games where he lost basically all of them. Keep in mind he also took more FO last season than the rest of his career combined.

Not saying he's good at FO, but certainly better than Suter.

Erne is 56% career FO (only 109 tries), if you want another option.

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021

All I'm saying is, he's at 73 while Suter is at 37. And that's why you should just make the switch and see if he stays above 50 if he takes the majority of the 2nd line FOs. What's there to lose right now?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
All I'm saying is, he's at 73 while Suter is at 37. And that's why you should just make the switch and see if he stays above 50 if he takes the majority of the 2nd line FOs. What's there to lose right now?

There will be regression. Suter will likely improve over the season, Fabbri will likely fall back sub-50.

Just let Fabbri play his game. If you want to have him take faceoffs and then revert back to wing responsibilities, that’s fine. I just don’t think he’s at all capable of handling the responsibility of center for extended periods of time.

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
I'm pretty sure Fabbri is not a robot and able to have changing responsibilities from time to time. But I would agree that after just 5 games, you don't need to shake up things.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
There will be regression. Suter will likely improve over the season, Fabbri will likely fall back sub-50.

Just let Fabbri play his game. If you want to have him take faceoffs and then revert back to wing responsibilities, that’s fine. I just don’t think he’s at all capable of handling the responsibility of center for extended periods of time.
Fabbri was trending up on FO last season. Obviously not going to sustain 70+%, but I see him as being more capable of staying close to 50%.

Suter is pretty weak, there is a reason why Fabbri was a 1st round pick and Suter went undrafted.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Fabbri was trending up on FO last season. Obviously not going to sustain 70+%, but I see him as being more capable of staying close to 50%.

Suter is pretty weak, there is a reason why Fabbri was a 1st round pick and Suter went undrafted.

Sure, and it has nothing to do with Fabbri’s faceoff ability…

Pretty sure the Wings didn’t pull him from center last year because he was thriving at it

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Your insatiable desire to never be wrong is so f***ing annoying. Go watch tonight’s game and let this thread die.
Are you saying he didn't get promoted to the first line? Why don't you just leave a thread when you're wrong instead of resorting to insults? You know I could just as easily trade insults with you.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Are you saying he didn't get promoted to the first line? Why don't you just leave a thread when you're wrong instead of resorting to insults? You know I could just as easily trade insults with you.

I was out of line. I apologize for that. Nobody’s saying he wasn’t playing on the first line. He didn’t get promoted as much as he was forced to step up to fill in for Bertuzzi. But there’s still plenty of evidence to suggest he was floundering at center.

That being said, he can’t be worse than Suter has been, but also might not be any better. Let’s just get Veleno around and make them both play on the wing

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I was out of line. I apologize for that. Nobody’s saying he wasn’t playing on the first line. He didn’t get promoted as much as he was forced to step up to fill in for Bertuzzi. But there’s still plenty of evidence to suggest he was floundering at center.

That being said, he can’t be worse than Suter has been, but also might not be any better. Let’s just get Veleno around and make them both play on the wing
Fabbri has more energy, you can see it tonight. But I am with you on Joey, so I'll leave it at that.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Is it only me thinking this or is he really f***ing bad? It seems pretty ufair to me that 21 yo Zadina is getting shit on, while this guy make me uneasy everytime he is on ice. I have feeling he is dragging whole 2nd line down, Veleno should be called up.

Revenge of Gru

Jul 31, 2021
Is it only me thinking this or is he really f***ing bad? It seems pretty ufair to me that 21 yo Zadina is getting shit on, while this guy make me uneasy everytime he is on ice. I have feeling he is dragging whole 2nd line down, Veleno should be called up.
Yes Suter is useless and he is wrecking the 2nd line. Veleno had a bit of a party at his expense tonight though. Unfortunately Stevie gave him 2 years at $3.25 million. He's not going anywhere for 2 years.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I don't see him as "Brome-bad", but he hasn't been good either.

Points/60 all situations from Natural stat trick:

Veleno 9.63
Bertuzzi 4.20
Raymond 3.72
Larkin 3.39
Namestnikov 2.79 (2 points per 6 on empty-netters)
Erne 2.51 (2 points per 5 on empty-netters)
Zadina 2.06
Fabbri 2.02
Rasmussen 1.66
Stephens 1.59
Gagner 1.41
Rowney 1.22
Suter 0.88
Smith 0.00

Suter is really the only guy struggling with production.

Having much of chances, just can't bury them. I could expect better on the long run.

Revenge of Gru

Jul 31, 2021
While everyone piles on Rasmussen and Zadina, Suter is proving to be a pointless waste of a signing. Veleno produced more in his first game than Suter has since the start of the year and Veleno has done so with less minutes, weaker linemates and better defense.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I don't see him as "Brome-bad", but he hasn't been good either.

Points/60 all situations from Natural stat trick:

Veleno 9.63
Bertuzzi 4.20
Raymond 3.72
Larkin 3.39
Namestnikov 2.79 (2 points per 6 on empty-netters)
Erne 2.51 (2 points per 5 on empty-netters)
Zadina 2.06
Fabbri 2.02
Rasmussen 1.66
Stephens 1.59
Gagner 1.41
Rowney 1.22
Suter 0.88
Smith 0.00

Suter is really the only guy struggling with production.

Having much of chances, just can't bury them. I could expect better on the long run.
He's actually Brome worse because of term and amount. Brome was a free signing for one year ELC money.

I hate to sound like an oaf, but he's gotta get pushed down to 3rd line winger. Have him switch spots with Joey or Namestnikov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad