Confirmed with Link: Pius Suter signing with the Wings

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
Okay, there's a Strome thread 4 pages deep on the Hawks forum that has been unposted to since May. I'm 4 pages in from the end of it (the most recent posts), and still no mention of Pius Suter.

The signing is fine, just wondered where the Strome stuff was coming from. No reason not to believe it's there somewhere.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Okay, there's a Strome thread 4 pages deep on the Hawks forum that has been unposted to since May. I'm 4 pages in from the end of it (the most recent posts), and still no mention of Pius Suter.

The signing is fine, just wondered where the Strome stuff was coming from. No reason not to believe it's there somewhere.

You and I are reading different threads, my dude.

Confirmed Signing with Link: - [DET] Pius Suter signs with the Red Wings (2 years, $3.25M AAV)

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
On the first or second line, he should be a 20-goal a season bargain, without the effort issues and ego issues that we endured from a couple of others in that 20-goals category recently (who shall not be named). Plus he's younger.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Somebody wishes Chicago kept him:

The Chicago Blackhawks really should've hung onto forward Pius Suter

I'm looking forward to seeing how the kid does in a very different situation here.
Aside from having Patrick Kane/DeBrincat, the two franchises were in similar situations, last year. With Toews coming back, I think that pushed Suter down the depth chart a bit too far for his liking, because Dach was always going to be the 2C for them. I'm super happy with the Suter signing.

Reactions: David D

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Aside from having Patrick Kane/DeBrincat, the two franchises were in similar situations, last year. With Toews coming back, I think that pushed Suter down the depth chart a bit too far for his liking, because Dach was always going to be the 2C for them. I'm super happy with the Suter signing.

The smart move would have been for them to move Strome. One dimensional center that isn't a great skater. They probably could have gotten a decent asset in return for him, moved Suter down to the 3C or to a 2W spot.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
The smart move would have been for them to move Strome. One dimensional center that isn't a great skater. They probably could have gotten a decent asset in return for him, moved Suter down to the 3C or to a 2W spot.

I agree but Bowman is just moving everybody who's due for a raise these days.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
I think the thing I am looking forward with with Suter is how he could potentially unlock Zadina. Watching Suter with Debrincat last year - you could see how having a high skill sniper like Zadina with the uptempo, direct setups from Suter could result in a nice year for both of them.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Interesting stats about Suter:

He played mostly with Debrincat and Patty Kane.

xGF% with DeBrincat and Kane
46.2% (11.9 for - 13.9 against)

xGF% with Kane without DeBrincat
41.7% (4.44 for - 6.21 against)

xGF% without Kane and without DeBrincat
51.4% (10.3 for - 9.8 against)

I've read numerous Hawks fans informing how we was a Kane-product, but this doesn't seem like that. They were good when DeBrincat was involved, stats were also good with DeBrincat and without Kane, but very small sample size. But It didn't work well with Kane.

Maybe with Kane it was the toughest opposite competition, but at Detroit he doesn't have to try be carrying first line. It's Larkin's job.

Reactions: BlizzardSloth

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I think the thing I am looking forward with with Suter is how he could potentially unlock Zadina. Watching Suter with Debrincat last year - you could see how having a high skill sniper like Zadina with the uptempo, direct setups from Suter could result in a nice year for both of them.

I think he might be better with Vrana personally. Suter played well with DeBrincat because they play the game at the same speed.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Interesting stats about Suter:

He played mostly with Debrincat and Patty Kane.

xGF% with DeBrincat and Kane
46.2% (11.9 for - 13.9 against)

xGF% with Kane without DeBrincat
41.7% (4.44 for - 6.21 against)

xGF% without Kane and without DeBrincat
51.4% (10.3 for - 9.8 against)

I've read numerous Hawks fans informing how we was a Kane-product, but this doesn't seem like that. They were good when DeBrincat was involved, stats were also good with DeBrincat and without Kane, but very small sample size. But It didn't work well with Kane.

Maybe with Kane it was the toughest opposite competition, but at Detroit he doesn't have to try be carrying first line. It's Larkin's job.

And for what it's worth, Suter was only involved in 10 goals with Patrick Kane (6 of his own and 4 of Kane's).

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
I think he might be better with Vrana personally. Suter played well with DeBrincat because they play the game at the same speed.

Yes, but I want Vrana to play with Larkin and have them both move at full speed like two scarlet Speedsters, unleashing destruction at inhuman velocity and having Vrana play with Suter messes that up so I'm going to talk myself into the narrative that Zadina is Suters ideal partner based on nothing other than intuition rooted in self-interest.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yes, but I want Vrana to play with Larkin and have them both move at full speed like two scarlet Speedsters, unleashing destruction at inhuman velocity and having Vrana play with Suter messes that up so I'm going to talk myself into the narrative that Zadina is Suters ideal partner based on nothing other than intuition rooted in self-interest.

I want Larkin and Vrana separated until we have speed partners for them both.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
31% on faceoffs and 0 pts in 5 games.

If this guy’s not a center, is he any use to us?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad