Dreger: Pittsburgh will move a defenseman [SIKE! Bad reporting is the norm!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Now that we know we aren't losing a goalie on waivers for free, we use the runway that the Rust LTIR offers us to work on moving JJ again, with Jarry as a sweetener. I wonder if it was JJ, Jarry and Rust for some meager return and Rust breaking his hand blew the plan to hell.

Jarry is not the sweetener. He has to be waived. The sweetener might be DeSmith or the sweetener might have to be several pieces.

A team acquiring Jarry today has the same issue the Pens had a few hours ago.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Maybe its a covert trade. Gotta give JJ time to hide whatever savings he's got until his patents get wind of his new destination.

Reactions: Pens x

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Now that DeSmith has cleared it could be:

JJ (with some retention) + DeSmith + 2nd <----> Barberio

That seems like a realistic move, though it would be a bit underwhelming to not get a 1st, but Avs would recoup the 2nd they lost for Burakovsky and also fill the No.3 AHL role. Short-term they only add $1.8m salary (or less) in swapping Barberio for JJ.

Reactions: Trade

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
... a team claiming him would not be able to send him down anyway, so I don't see your point. It is implied that they won't, thus creating the problem of 3 goalies on roster.
I mean if a team is acquiring Jarry it means he's an upgrade over whoever they currently have as a backup. I don't think they'd care if that player is waived.

Aug 3, 2010

Never forget.

:laugh:

1 point for situational awareness (going back to the bench after his penalty expired), -3 points for complete lack of environmental awareness (bumping into not one, but two players AND getting another penalty.)

I really hope the Islanders scored on the ensuing powerplay.

What a gongshow of a player.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Reactions: 1989

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Not saying it's going to happen, but if JJ gets traded, it will be nice to see people like you eating your words.

The only way he gets traded if equally bad money goes back to the Pens which sorta defeats the purpose of trading JJ in the first place. Good teams, poor teams, virtually all teams are cap strapped. Just no room for JJ. It's the term that teams will avoid.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Still no JJ trade? WOw i am shocked. How could gm’s resist the opportunity, nay - the honor- of trading for Jack and his 4 year cap monstrosity?

Inconceivable!!

With sweeteners like Jarry, ZAR and a 2nd I would have thought gms were lining up!

Batrous

May 4, 2016
I think it's safe to say that Johnson is probably not going anywhere at this point.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Still so confused. In all the years ive followed this team they have never had 12 forwards and 9 D-men on the active roster. I understand Rust is on LTIR but to have 3 extra defencemen makes zero sense to me .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad