Dreger: Pittsburgh will move a defenseman [SIKE! Bad reporting is the norm!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Still so confused. In all the years ive followed this team they have never had 12 forwards and 9 D-men on the active roster. I understand Rust is on LTIR but to have 3 extra defencemen makes zero sense to me .

Might be the case no one wants to pay the asking price and Pens are refusing to lower the price. A bit of a game of chicken.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Might be the case no one wants to pay the asking price and Pens are refusing to lower the price. A bit of a game of chicken.

The Pens have 9 D up and a guy making 3.5 mil on LTIR, and are playing chicken over Jack Johnson? I'm not sure I buy that. He's not exactly a guy you'd have a lot of leverage with in the best of conditions.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

This is probably fair, there probably are a few teams willing to take on Johnson, but there's something there that makes JR unwilling to pull the trigger on moving him. I could see it being either end of the spectrum, where a team is asking for a fortune to take JJ or JR is just refusing to add anything of significance to get rid of JJ.

I think if you retain $1 million, add a 2nd and another decent piece and take back a short term contract, you can move JJ. I think Jarry, Johnson at $2.25 million and a 2nd to Colorado for Barberio/Connauton would be a workable trade. It's just possible that JR isn't willing to do that yet.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Maybe I'm alone here, but I would keep him if I was Pittsburgh. Seems like he has really good years and really bad ones. Get him a sports psychologist. Seems like a guy that can still trend upwards.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Rutherford totally botched this so far, just like he did when he signed him to that terrible contract.

SkitzoMe

Jan 4, 2018
I'm going to guess and say they probably did have a trade worked out, but Rust was part of the package, since he got injured, the deal fell through or post poned

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
51V1BTVKV2L._SY445_.jpg

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I'm glad he cleared up his financial issues before this contract because I have to think it will be his last.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Attach a 1st + 2nd to Jack Johnson and maybe Bob Murray will bite. No one wants to acquire an massively overpaid version of Holzer.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Pretty sure it's been 48 hours. When's he getting traded for Victor Rask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad