Pittsburgh Sports Media Gibberish - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Did anyone read any of the comments on the Pensburg post? Good goggly moogly, I hope those are not indicative of the actual fan base. To actually consider that Adams, and Adams alone, is being given a directive from the coaching staff to act like that is ... sad, among other things. Today's practice was also open to the public, so it's not like the press were the only ones on hand to see him board a teammate.

Between this, his last altercation with Geno in practice and him taking his sweet ass time to come off the ice during a game when his shift should be over he should by rights be sitting in the press box for the next few games. Scratch that ... if they can't trade him, then he should be in the press box until clean out day.

I take it you don't read the comments in the Trib...:help:

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I've learned throughout life.... where there is smoke there is fire. That's all I know.

ding ding ding. last year there was smoke. for some reason no one's dialing 911 and it doesn't make any sense

i go back on forth on whether it's not as bad as we think or worse than we could imagine

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
My take on it is he's either getting chirpped for the supposed "spy" thing last year or he knows his time is near(JR could make more moves) and he's scratching and clawing to stay on the roster. "Look at me coach! I'm a leader in practice! I play the right way!"

Hardest part is MJ seems to buy it. Theres a reason he's playing on Geno's wing at the end of tied or close hockey games. When Horny and Comeau come back, maybe that changes though.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I wouldn't be surprised if this was a small nightmare (very small because it's Adams) for the Pens. They sold Adams as a useful player, a leader, a good teammate, etc. and then this **** that can't be ignored starts with him. The first time was brushed off only for him to do something else, he's an awful player and he's on a stupid contract. First it was a star player and then a prized prospect and the same star player so it's ugly. That has got to be an 'oh ****' moment, oh, and they're up against the cap and that stupid contract is 35+.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
I think the media has really overblown this Adams stuff, he checks a couple players in practice, why does anybody really care? hockey is a contact sport, i'm sure hes not lining up guys up from center ice trying to take somebody's head off.

After the rumor mill spotlighted Adams as DB's rat/snitch in the locker room last summer, I can't really agree with you.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
The fact that it's 2015 and Pens related news somehow still involves Craig Adams blows my ****ing mind. Somebody give Geno some brass knuckles and let's put an end to this already.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
The fact that it's 2015 and Pens related news somehow still involves Craig Adams blows my ****ing mind. Somebody give Geno some brass knuckles and let's put an end to this already.

"I am score."

"I am high stick."

"I am punch Craig Adams."

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'd kill to know what Crosby said to him post-incident...

Probably "what the hell is wrong with you dude? talk to me."

CA - "I know i'm gonna be benched if JR makes another move. I gotta prove i can still play in practice."

Sid - "Well can you do that without hurting anyone? KThxBye."

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Kovacevic's take: http://dkonpittsburghsports.com/2015/01/09/friday-insider-2/

Basically says Adams has to go. Lists several reasons and concludes with this:

He wouldn’t be missed on the ice, and he sure as heck wouldn’t be missed off it. In fact, here’s betting the party will be thrown right there in the Consol home locker room.

And I’ll repeat for emphasis: This viewpoint is not based on anything that might have occurred at practice Thursday. At all. This saga is as old as dirt. It’s only getting more viewing now.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
After the rumor mill spotlighted Adams as DB's rat/snitch in the locker room last summer, I can't really agree with you.

That was Madden that said that, i didn't hear anybody else say that, everybody is taking what Madden said and believing it for some reason.

But hey, if you think a player throwing a check in practice is news that's your opinion.

Maybe there will be another check in practice tomorrow, pens might need to bring in some security in case Adams throws another check at somebody.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
That was Madden that said that, i didn't hear anybody else say that, everybody is taking what Madden said and believing it for some reason.

But hey, if you think a player throwing a check in practice is news that's your opinion.

Maybe there will be another check in practice tomorrow, pens might need to bring in some security in case Adams throws another check at somebody.

If security gets Adams out of the pens org(or at least off the damn ice) please bring them in. ****ing joke that were still talking about Craig freakin Adams in 2015

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
If security gets Adams out of the pens org(or at least off the damn ice) please bring them in. ****ing joke that were still talking about Craig freakin Adams in 2015

If you don't like Adams on the team then you should be putting your blame towards JR and MJ, JR is keeping him on the roster and MJ is the one who keeps playing him.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Just read DK's article too.

Can't understand how he can still be on the team if he's that disliked in the locker room (and I believe every word of that)

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I'd kill to know what Crosby said to him post-incident...

"What the **** was that? Stop it, you can't be doing that."

Shockingly Adams has got to go. You've got to love how this is apparently "old as dirt" and he's sucked on the PK for 2 years in DK's estimation yet the media is just getting on it. And he was re-signed and is still haunting the team, it's amazing, really.

I love how agitated Marc-Andre Fleury gets after losses anymore. Such a change.

Also, what is this sentence? Does he get agitated now or has that stopped, or am I losing it? :scared:

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010

i know how it sounds. but I know someone with first hand knowledge, Adams was the Rat in the locker room and would talk to blysma about what goes on there. so take that for what it's worth, some random guy on the internet ;) but just sayin I *know* that it happened.

Although to fans he can be rather nice actually. At a pick up game at Ice Castle that he was in, a friend of mine's son was there and he sent him up to Craig to get an autograph and he was rather nice to him and chit chatted with them for a bit.

won't say who/how I know that but it's a fact.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Main guy to blame is Shero. The 2 or 3 year deal he gave him was pointless. That deal is a year shorter and Adams is no where on this roster.

I think it's a little overblown as well.
Adams is the NHLPA rep. He's a respected guy in the locker room imo.
Coaching staff(old and new) seems to like him as well.

For me, it's more of a personal battle. This GM traded him before. He sees JR adding more players to the roster. 1 more guy and a healthy roster and Adams is in the press box or he is a throw-in in a trade . The guy wants to play here and is just going about proving himself the wrong way.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Yeah, I have no idea why he's doing what he's doing. Honestly, at this point, I'm expecting the Pens PR do do some serious dog wagging more than I expect Adams to sit.

Hm. Well, last time they had to trade for Perron within the hour just to create a diversion. So maybe he's just trying to get the team another top 6 winger?

:sarcasm:

Fordy

May 28, 2008
we have to hope the media starts making noise i guess. apparently it's not obvious enough

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

This Adams **** is so weird...

i know how it sounds. but I know someone with first hand knowledge, Adams was the Rat in the locker room and would talk to blysma about what goes on there. so take that for what it's worth, some random guy on the internet ;) but just sayin I *know* that it happened.

Although to fans he can be rather nice actually. At a pick up game at Ice Castle that he was in, a friend of mine's son was there and he sent him up to Craig to get an autograph and he was rather nice to him and chit chatted with them for a bit.

won't say who/how I know that but it's a fact.

I can't speak for others, but I believe you. I knew stuff about Neal that I know is true as well.

It's just so odd this guy is still here. Neal had to be shipped out, but Adams is still a Pen. That doesn't compute... remove all of the toxins.

And like you said, I have heard he is pretty nice. So what is the deal in the lockeroom with him...

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
the same media constantly pumping his tires? can't say I'm optimistic.

Yep.
This'll be on JR and the coaching staff.
I know JR won't have a problem with losing him, it's more the coaching staff i'm worried about. Almost like a "i wish this teams young core cared as much as Craig does" mentality. If that is still there it'll be up to JR to rectify the situation. Getting another forward which pushes Adams to the press box or including him in a deal.

Which goes back to why he's been acting like this. He's trying to show both the coaching staff and JR something. He either really wants to stay or really wants out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad