Pittsburgh Sports Media Gibberish - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Madden just teased on Savrans show that the Pens have a "big trade available" to them if the want it. That he will reveal at 3 on his show. Odds that...

1. Big is actually big?
2. Its real?
3. Source isn't Rossi?

50%
1%
0%

1. Depends if its Kessel, Buff or Kane
2. 25% real, as in "It was talked about over beers by on of the Pens Jr GMs and a scout from whatever team"
3. Source = Anonymous

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Madden just teased on Savrans show that the Pens have a "big trade available" to them if the want it. That he will reveal at 3 on his show. Odds that...

1. Big is actually big?
2. Its real?
3. Source isn't Rossi?

50%
1%
0%

big as in it involves Despres, duh

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
ohh good angle, didn't think about that. Would Despres for Buff be the heaviest 1 for 1 rumor ever? Id start buying Tim Hortons stock.

have you... seen my user name? I OWN Tim Hortons...

and it's a 3-way involving Buff, Despres, and Kessel

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
have you... seen my user name? I OWN Tim Hortons...

and it's a 3-way involving Buff, Despres, and Kessel

Funny enough that combination has put 7 Chinese buffets out of business and is currently dismantling Ponderosas one by one.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Is Martin for Williams really a "big trade" though? That rumor has been going around for a while.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Since when does Madden have inside sources? lol

Maddens early job was covering the Pens. he does hang out with the Lemieux crew at times. I just dont believe much of what he says when he is playing the heel on his show... when he is legit reporting he actually does a good job...

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
If that's been offered to us it should go like this:

Lombardi: Hey you wanna trade Martin for Williams?
JR:<heartbeat> Done!

Agreed. I think madden is full of ****. I think its a bad trade for LA.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Agreed. I think madden is full of ****. I think its a bad trade for LA.

Not really. Its perfect value. Its just a matter of whether LA needs a top 4 D man more than another tweener. They're stacked at wing the same way we're stacked at D and could deal without him, especially if they added the D they've needed since Voynov Voynov'd. The only reason why LA probably wouldn't do it is that he's Mr Game 7, there's nothing material that suggests Williams is more valuable than Martin as a player.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I doubt the trade would be as simple as Martin for Williams. It may or may not end up that way, but usually GM's like to negotiate for more than fair value.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
I doubt the trade would be as simple as Martin for Williams. It may or may not end up that way, but usually GM's like to negotiate for more than fair value.

According to Madden the deal was on the table and Rutherford just needed to accept it (after LA gets their cap situation in order), so maybe it's been negotiated already? That said, it's still Madden, and not many of his predictions come true. This is one I hope for.

In true Madden fashion, I'm pretty sure I heard him DESTROY a listener for suggesting LA would give up Williams a month or two ago, and now he's reporting it's on the table and ready to go.... :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad