Pittsburgh Sports Media Gibberish - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf Without a Howl

97% Mumps Free
Jan 25, 2013
I wonder if DearDiary thinks this is how a "veteran leader" is supposed to act. I'd actually really love to hear to him spin this into making "Craig' the victim.

Real talk though, can we just waive his sorry ass already?

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Who the **** is Hooks Orpik? I'm fine until:

As a 4th line player with limited usage and- quite frankly- little value, Adams is starting to sound like more of a headache and distraction for the team than he's worth. Which is very unusual and difficult to believe about a guy who has been a team leader and stabilizing force (not to mention big time NHLPA advocate).

Team Leader AND stabilizing force? Sweet Mother of Christ what game are these people watching?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
People love their ham and eggers (this includes the media... particularly around here). Even when they are very obviously terrible. Much of the time that's when nebulous terms like "good leader," "intangibles," "locker room guy" and the like start getting thrown around. As we're seeing with Adams... a lot of the time it's just hollow words and not actually based on reality.

Let's not forget how "irreplaceable" he is on the PK, either. That's another byline that has been repeated ad nauseam over the years that also isn't at all accurate.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Who the **** is Hooks Orpik? I'm fine until:

As a 4th line player with limited usage and- quite frankly- little value, Adams is starting to sound like more of a headache and distraction for the team than he's worth. Which is very unusual and difficult to believe about a guy who has been a team leader and stabilizing force (not to mention big time NHLPA advocate).

Team Leader AND stabilizing force? Sweet Mother of Christ what game are these people watching?

Strictly speaking, Adams is the union rep. That probably qualifies him as something of a leader, if only technically.

Stabilizing force...he played hundreds of games in a row? Trying to give "Hooks Orpik" the benefit of the doubt, despite having named himself after a garbage player on the Capitals.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Strictly speaking, Adams is the union rep. That probably qualifies him as something of a leader, if only technically.

Stabilizing force...he played hundreds of games in a row? Trying to give "Hooks Orpik" the benefit of the doubt, despite having named himself after a garbage player on the Capitals.

I wouldn't read too much into his being the team's union rep. I've read interviews in the past with other teams that make it seem as though union rep is not a desirable job.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
"Do less, Craig Adams."

What? If he did any less is there even a category for that level of nothingness?

It's time to just waive him, he's starting to be a distraction. A fourth liner. Maybe Chicago will pick him up. Better yet, clear waivers, then don't report and suspend him without pay.

142076053366410_zps3f09ff39.jpg

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
As a union rep could he somehow have the inside information needed to pressure mgmt into letting him keep his job?
It's that or pictures.
******* this guy.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

Did anyone read any of the comments on the Pensburg post? Good goggly moogly, I hope those are not indicative of the actual fan base. To actually consider that Adams, and Adams alone, is being given a directive from the coaching staff to act like that is ... sad, among other things. Today's practice was also open to the public, so it's not like the press were the only ones on hand to see him board a teammate.

Between this, his last altercation with Geno in practice and him taking his sweet ass time to come off the ice during a game when his shift should be over he should by rights be sitting in the press box for the next few games. Scratch that ... if they can't trade him, then he should be in the press box until clean out day.

Last edited:

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Did anyone read any of the comments on the Pensburg post? Good goggly moogly, I hope those are indicative of the actual fan base. To actually consider that Adams, and Adams alone, is being given a directive from the coaching staff to act like that is ... sad, among other things. Today's practice was also open to the public, so it's not like the press were the only ones on hand to see him board a teammate.

Between this, his last altercation with Geno in practice and him taking his sweet ass time to come off the ice during a game when his shift should be over he should by rights be sitting in the press box for the next few games. Scratch that ... if they can't trade him, then he should be in the press box until clean out day.

Yeah, for some reason I doubt that the coaches instructed him to physically injure his teammates during practice.

It's like he's trying to get fired.

I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been more reporting of this incident. Dejan is apparently going to address it in his next column.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Yeah, for some reason I doubt that the coaches instructed him to physically injure his teammates during practice.

It's like he's trying to get fired.

I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been more reporting of this incident. Dejan is apparently going to address it in his next column.

Yeah, I have no idea why he's doing what he's doing. Honestly, at this point, I'm expecting the Pens PR do do some serious dog wagging more than I expect Adams to sit.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I think the media has really overblown this Adams stuff, he checks a couple players in practice, why does anybody really care? hockey is a contact sport, i'm sure hes not lining up guys up from center ice trying to take somebody's head off.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I think the media has really overblown this Adams stuff, he checks a couple players in practice, why does anybody really care? hockey is a contact sport, i'm sure hes not lining up guys up from center ice trying to take somebody's head off.

Pretty much agree. No one really knows the whole story, if it's really a story at all. Add that if Pouliot is susceptible to having his shoulder reinjured, he's not fully healed and isn't ready to be playing in games.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I wouldn't read too much into his being the team's union rep. I've read interviews in the past with other teams that make it seem as though union rep is not a desirable job.

It's not like being a captain, no. But guys still need to go to you for advice, even if they don't necessarily like you and don't want the job.

Like, if, idk, Downie has a concussion and the doctors clear him, but he knows he can't play, 27's the guy he would have to ask for help. And his agent, probably, but who knows how many ****s Downie's agent gives about him.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
just thinking.......if your team mates know you rated on them.......you might be treated not very nice......so much so.....you may have to fight a few guys......I have seen it before don't know if it applies here though. ]]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad