Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary cap: We need some wet wipes, there's a mess back there

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
It’s amusing how petty fans can be. Plus, who knows if they find the error of their way and become legitimate posters.

Also, I don’t understand having a forum for discussion and ignoring the viewpoints I disagree with. That ain’t a forum, that’s a vacuum.

I only have 1 poster on ignore and its some conspiracist from the Sens board during that series. According to him, the league was out to get the Sens and the Pens paid the league off.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I mean, if we can get a stud LD or a 1st rounder for Murray, go for it. I just don't see that happening until the draft.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

giphy.gif

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I never understood the "I won't use the ignore feature" stuff. You don't feel like you've lost a battle or anything when you take the garbage out, right? Same shit. Take the garbage out, your kitchen f*cking stinks.

I just don’t get worked up when people have a different view point than me, even when it’s a very stupid viewpoint.

Some of them get really emo about stuff when you challenge them, but that’s their own deal and not a reason for me to use the ignore function.

Reactions: Hamurai

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
To be fair, and i'm guilty of this as well, we let a vocal minority ruin discussion for us. The majority of us believe in this team being a contender. It's a small 15% that make it insufferable. They are the most negative humans i've ever seen.

It was brought up today but man the x-gen years were so f*cking fun to lurk here. There would be like 30 posts but people would find positives in a loss. They'd be happy for the future. They saw the big picture and were hoping the future would come. Annnnnnnnnnnd 3 Cups later. But man the GDTs were fun to read through because even in the WORST hockey games, people found positives.

Now the Pens can be a top 5 team and still people claim they need to rebuild. :laugh:

"Happiness is reality minus expectations" has and will always ring true.

I think it's fun to cheer and discuss an X-Generation. We're doing it now with the Pirates; that's why the Pirates thread here is such high quality. It's a different kettle of fish with this organization in the Sid/Geno/Letang years. I wish I had it in me to just get selective amnesia (only in regards to the Pens) back to June 2005 and *snap* "oh we have 2 hall of famers and won 3 cups? And we're in it this year? F'ing sweet!"

I guess that is being spoiled. Actually it definitely is. Spoiled means your expectations have been set too high and so you need a high level of material/success/stuff to feel happy. And these guys have done that for me. If the Pirates go .450 this year I'd be elated. If the Penguins went .450 this year I'd feel furious.

I'm going to try to strike a more appreciative tone with this team. This season is far from over especially with the guys coming back. 2 years ago we peaked in February (I distinctly remember being on a huge run before the Brassard trade) and it got us nowhere.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I don’t see it happening, just because tandems seem to play a decent role in the playoffs and JR loves his goalie depth, but I really feel if he wanted to part with one, I think COL recognizes how open the West is an might overpay to get one of them for a run this year.

Doubt it happens till offseason, but....

I agree.... I would trade one now if it was for an overpayment.

COL is definitely the team that could do it.

What would be a good deal hypothetically for either MM or TJ that yinz would take.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I just don’t get worked up when people have a different view point than me, even when it’s a very stupid viewpoint.

Some of them get really emo about stuff when you challenge them, but that’s their own deal and not a reason for me to use the ignore function.
To each their own. I just don't need to concern myself with someone's existence who is bound and determined to both be an idiot and a prick.

Again, I don't feel defeated or soft when I take my garbage out. That shit stinks, so I dispose of it. :laugh:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Doubt it happens till offseason, but....

I agree.... I would trade one now if it was for an overpayment.

COL is definitely the team that could do it.

What would be a good deal hypothetically for either MM or TJ that yinz would take.

Makar....

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
To each their own. I just don't need to concern myself with someone's existence who is bound and determined to both be an idiot and a prick.

Again, I don't feel defeated or soft when I take my garbage out. That shit stinks, so I dispose of it. :laugh:

I dig that subliminal.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I've ignored loads of users. Anyone that is purposefully contrarian in every single thread, trolls, people that post about one player in every single post, people that attack posters or players in an offensive way. It's literally a waste of time reading their posts so why would I? I don't think it makes you a better person to engage someone that is just trying to get attention and make people emotional.

Reactions: USMC607

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
I've ignored loads of users. Anyone that is purposefully contrarian in every single thread, trolls, people that post about one player in every single post, people that attack posters or players in an offensive way. It's literally a waste of time reading their posts so why would I? I don't think it makes you a better person to engage someone that is just trying to get attention and make people emotional.

Reactions: Rust17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad