Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary cap: We need some wet wipes, there's a mess back there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The guy isn't out there, but ideally there's someone who legit can play LD or RD and slot in as the #4 better than Johnson if circumstances with Pets require.

There was a guy who could play LD better but he went to the Caps.

Not sure if JR tried to get Dillon and sometimes I just assume that teams should just trade with us if we offer a similar price :laugh:

Would have liked him to ease Dumo’s readjustment.

Dillon if it wasn’t obvious

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
there’s a case to be made that Petts would be serviceable as a bottom paired defenseman. Can we say the same for Schultz? Can we pair Schultz with anyone and make him trustworthy in the playoffs? If all our defensemen are healthy what do the pairings look like?

You're preaching to the choir on Schultz. I've been calling him and Pets the HOLD MY BEER pair for a week or so. :laugh:

There was a guy who could play LD better but he went to the Caps.

Not sure if JR tried to get Dillon and sometimes I just assume that teams should just trade with us if we offer a similar price :laugh:

Would have liked him to ease Dumo’s readjustment.

Dillon if it wasn’t obvious

I meant one defenseman who could play EITHER LD or RD as needed.

Yes, if it was just a LD, then Dillon. Or Scandella. Oh well . . .

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Because things are going... ready for this revelation...

Badly for a few games.

When has this board every been able to handle adversity?

Shit doesn’t work out after a few games, panic, turn on JR, Sullivan, Sid, Murray, The New Guy, whomever.

It doesn’t have to be logical, just start blaming people and give up on the Pens.

It’s literally been the MO of this board since Dec 08.

Now we have some true visionaries playing the field telling us how the Pens aren’t winning the cup, that way they look smart or something....?

Those guys drove me away after years and years on here. Now we have Ignore - the great equalizer.

Last edited:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Petts-Schultz was good for like one or two pre-season games and has sucked since.

Petts is a bottom pairing guy who struggles badly when playing above that. Schultz has been a wet fart for 2.5 years.

I desperately hope we move Schultz tomorrow. We won't because we have some absurd idea that he somehow moves the needle for us in a positive fashion, but we absolutely need to get something for him before he walks for nothing. We lose nothing by trading him, and only stand to acquire assets and cap space to potentially do something else tomorrow.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
So an updated pre-DL day want/would accept list:

-Haula
-Hoffman
-Smith
-Granlund
-Sheary
-Gustafsson
-Marleau

Can prrroooobably take off the NSH guys to shorten that list up.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
It would be a lot easier not a panic slightly watching contenders make trades if Jake was here.

Zucker-Sid-Kahun
Jake-Malkin-Rust

is a lot easier on the fan psyche than what we are rolling. Then it's a "do we upgrade Sid's RW" discussion.

I keep trying to keep today's game in perspective...going tit for tat with Washington while being down Dumo, Marino, Kahun, and ZAR isn't too shabby. Near as I could tell, Washington was healthy.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
To be fair, and i'm guilty of this as well, we let a vocal minority ruin discussion for us. The majority of us believe in this team being a contender. It's a small 15% that make it insufferable. They are the most negative humans i've ever seen.

It was brought up today but man the x-gen years were so f*cking fun to lurk here. There would be like 30 posts but people would find positives in a loss. They'd be happy for the future. They saw the big picture and were hoping the future would come. Annnnnnnnnnnd 3 Cups later. But man the GDTs were fun to read through because even in the WORST hockey games, people found positives.

Now the Pens can be a top 5 team and still people claim they need to rebuild. :laugh:

I suspect the percentage is a lot higher than that, but the fancy stats people will probably throw some NvsP bar charts at me.

There are many variables on this, but negativity is usually a sign of cowardice.

Those guys drove me away after years and years on here. Now he have Ignore - the great equalizer.

I just can’t use that feature. One poster came very close, but it wasn’t hockey related (dude was wishing cancer on Dupuis while I sat in a hospice with my moms dying from cancer... unfortunately he’s still around but I just skip over his posts...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad