Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary cap: We need some wet wipes, there's a mess back there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I honestly would like to see Sheary return but if not, I prefer adding another defender. I don't know who's available at this point. Gustafsson's name brought up earlier but other teams probably have more assets to land him I assume.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I used the shit out of it during the Sprong fiasco. This board was unreadable. It has its uses when you go into a thread and read more about Daniel Sprong than the game being played.. when Sprong didn't even play here anymore.

Those were fun times :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The league is in the right place for Konstantin Koltsov to make his long awaited return with Tomas Surovy and Daniel Fernholm.

I honestly would like to see Sheary return but if not, I prefer adding another defender. I don't know who's available at this point. Gustafsson's name brought up earlier but other teams probably have more assets to land him I assume.
I would be fine with that, like a 4th round pick.

Reactions: Hungamania

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Not the worst idea? That's a great idea for the Pens. Not sure it does much for Carolina. I know both of their goalies are hurt, but are they long term? And if they are, is DeSmith really the option they want to carry the load?

Yeah Carolina were looking bigger. They’ve asked about Lundqvist (so did Colorado) but Lundqvist controls the situation for any trade. I’m sure NYR would be happy to accommodate a trade should he choose to leave.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah Carolina were looking bigger. They’ve asked about Lundqvist (so did Colorado) but Lundqvist controls the situation for any trade. I’m sure NYR would be happy to accommodate a trade should he choose to leave.
I don't think either of those teams should go for Lundqvist. I just don't see him rebounding, he's not having a 1 off bad year, he's putting up back 2 back stinkers and getting severely outplayed by 2 young goalies. Holtby is a guy where I would say yeah, a one off random bad year, but Henrik? At that cap hit and this being a back 2 back thing now for him and he'll be 38 before next season...yeah I'd pass if I were the Avs and Canes, because to make him even fit, they would need the Rags to retain some salary and that's going to cost some assets to get the Rangers to do that, who would be fine retaining up to like 2m without having to worry about keeping DeAngelo, Georgiev, and Lemieux.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Or did you say interesting tim bits?

Haha there is a link open to all on there. It’s a longish read. I like donut holes pineapple is my favourite which Tim’s doesn’t have plus they’re donuts aren’t good. I won’t turn one down though :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Interesting tidbits

Yeah I'd be ok seeing Sheary back, but it's more like, where do you play him then? Are we going Zucker-Crosby-Sheary? Will Simon be on the 3rd line and will Sullivan move McCann to C where he should be with Horny?

It's not the only move I think the team needs to make though. I honestly think they gotta move Riikola away from this team, Sullivan just doesn't like to use him the way he should. But I wasn't a fan of losing Sheary to begin with, so getting him back is fine in my books, he was always a solid depth scorer. I'd still like to get Ristolainen from the Sabres.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yeah I'd be ok seeing Sheary back, but it's more like, where do you play him then? Are we going Zucker-Crosby-Sheary? Will Simon be on the 3rd line and will Sullivan move McCann to C where he should be with Horny?

It's not the only move I think the team needs to make though. I honestly think they gotta move Riikola away from this team, Sullivan just doesn't like to use him the way he should. But I wasn't a fan of losing Sheary to begin with, so getting him back is fine in my books, he was always a solid depth scorer. I'd still like to get Ristolainen from the Sabres.

Was it @Empoleon8771 who wanted Risto earlier in the year? Given how bad Schultz has been, I wouldn't necessarily mind taking a chance on risto now :laugh:

I wouldn't mind Domi, per se, but you figure the asking price is probably going to be pretty high. Unless we somehow convince Montreal that CDS is really a Francophone.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Or did you say interesting tim bits?
No self respecting human eats at Tim Horton's.

McCabe + Sheary for Riikola, 2nd (next year), Adam Johnson.

That deal would give JR two things he wants - Upgrade on D and a depth winger (with familiarity so it's less guess work). When Dumoulin and Marino are back.

Zucker, Crosby, Sheary
Kahun, Malkin, Rust - Not sure about that one right now.
Simon, McCann, Hornqvist
Aston-Reese, Blueger, Tanev

Dumoulin, Letang
McCabe, Marino
Pettersson/Johnson, Schultz

I wouldn't even be against getting Vesey for Geno's LW. Go for it, JR. Go for it.

Zucker, Crosby, Sheary
Vesey, Malkin, Rust
Simon/Kahun, McCann, Hornqvist
Aston-Reese, Blueger, Tanev

Obviously dump them Bjugstad too in that deal.

Bjugstad, 2nd, A.Johnson, Riikola for Vesey, McCabe, and Sheary.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Was it @Empoleon8771 who wanted Risto earlier in the year? Given how bad Schultz has been, I wouldn't necessarily mind taking a chance on risto now :laugh:

I wouldn't mind Domi, per se, but you figure the asking price is probably going to be pretty high. Unless we somehow convince Montreal that CDS is really a Francophone.
What's the rumored cap for next season? Because if the Pens go after Domi, they're losing one of Kahun or McCann in the off season.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Trade both goalies, sign some rando russian that the Rangers seem to keep finding, some guy name Ivan Shirtinsideoutkin or something and win all the cups.

I asked for a real solution. And we all know that the only real solution is to have a team full of Ontario hick boys like Riley Shoresey and Shoresey Riley and Swedish techno enthusiasts with names like Ovald Nilsson-Johansson.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I asked for a real solution. And we all know that the only real solution is to have a team full of Ontario hick boys like Riley Shoresey and Shoresey Riley and Swedish techno enthusiasts with names like Ovald Nilsson-Johansson.

Remains to be seen to be honest, which is why I don't really want to discuss the goalie situation, it is what it is right now, the playoffs will determine a lot of things as well as the cap implications.

TheNorthPenguin

Oct 25, 2019
This is probably reaching a bit but fun to speculate at this time of year. Kahun was game time in both weekend games and didn’t play either. What if that was precautionary because he’s being dangled in something a little larger?

Maybe a reach but young top 9 RFA whose fairly versatile and has shown some offense at NHL level could be an interesting piece in a larger deal.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
This is probably reaching a bit but fun to speculate at this time of year. Kahun was game time in both weekend games and didn’t play either. What if that was precautionary because he’s being dangled in something a little larger?

Maybe a reach but young top 9 RFA whose fairly versatile and has shown some offense at NHL level could be an interesting piece in a larger deal.

That wouldn't surprise me, though I'd be a bit sad because he looked really good here before the concussion.

That said, if you can pull a deal to immediately improve the team now, then go for it.

TheNorthPenguin

Oct 25, 2019
That wouldn't surprise me, though I'd be a bit sad because he looked really good here before the concussion.

That said, if you can pull a deal to immediately improve the team now, then go for it.
I agree. I’m definitely a fan of Kahun and there’s certainly others I would trade before him. But if he does have some good (as part of a bigger package) and brings in a better player that fits the team, I’d be happy with that.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

That was something I pushed before the emergence of Marino, I thought he and Pettersson would complement each other extremely well. With Marino's emergence, there isn't much of a need for him anymore.

Speaking of Schultz, for the people who wondered what kind of value Schultz had or want to trade Schultz, go look at the Mike Green trade. The market value for OFD who can't produce is borderline nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad