Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap - Wakin' up too early

Status
Not open for further replies.

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Gotta hand it to you, @Riptide After one game, I’ve already changed my mind on McCann as long as Bjugstad has a short leash at 3C. I was a prisoner of the moment and forgot how good he looks on W.

We still need at least an upgrade on Galchenyuk, then wait and see on Bjugstad.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
LA looking for pure rental Galchenyuk? Why is LA looking to take on rental?

Last edited:

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
All of the sudden we went from getting a third for Galchenyuk - to paying someone a second to take him...

Last edited:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I cannot fathom that Toffoli is anything more than Plan F for JR. He's aiming higher. Even I know that.

This isn't just about 'rewarding' the team, as @Mr Jiggyfly has noted.

Sid is fresh. Geno is on fire. He's smart enough to know there may not be many more times the stars will align like this.

And, as an aside, keep one thing in mind if he deals multiple futures: He'll recoup some of them this summer when the cap forces him to choose between Murray and Jarry (I think he chooses Jarry) and a few teams line up, hands extended.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I cannot fathom that Toffoli is anything more than Plan F for JR. He's aiming higher. Even I know that.

Sid is fresh. Geno is on fire. He's smart enough to know there may not be many more times the stars will align like this.

And, as an aside, keep one thing in mind if he deals multiple futures: He'll recoup some of them this summer when the cap forces him to choose between Murray and Jarry (I think he chooses Jarry) and a few teams line up, hands extended.

If Murray struggles the rest of the year, do you really see teams lining up for him? Goalies are really fickle in todays league.

Reactions: Peat

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars

I consider Toffoli plan C. "C" as in if JR can get him on the cheap meaning Galchenyuk and a small sweetener of maybe an older NHL ready low level prospect like Adam Johnson or Thomas Di Pauli. No interest in spending a high draft pick on Toffoli. Rather save those good draft picks for bigger fish. Very indifferent to Toffoli...I'm completely fine with getting him if its for Galchenyuk plus something small. More than that....no interest.

Reactions: Andy99

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If Murray struggles the rest of the year, do you really see teams lining up for him? Goalies are really fickle in todays league.

There will be suitors for Murray. He's been playing better. The issue now is Jarry won't give up the net. A young, two time cup winning goalie. A lot of teams desperate for any help. Someone will pony up. It might not be over the top, but it will allow JR to recoup some of the assets he might end up giving up if what I suspect are all his plans work out.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
@Jesse loves him some Toffoli.
The underlying numbers are really solid on him.

I honestly dunno how he'd fit in.
I think he'd be best with Geno vs Sid tho.
Can he play LW?

Kahun/Trade-Sid-Horny/Simon
Toffoli-G-Rust
Kahun/Trade-McCann-Horny/Simon
ZAR-Blueger-Tanev

ETA: See he's listed as LW/RW on CF but dunno how much of it he's played in the past.

ETA: If they did get Toffoli for Chucky and some stuff, i'd definitely want another winger brought in.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@Jesse loves him some Toffoli.
The underlying numbers are really solid on him.

I honestly dunno how he'd fit in.
I think he'd be best with Geno vs Sid tho.
Can he play LW?

Kahun/Trade-Sid-Horny/Simon
Toffoli-G-Rust
Kahun/Trade-McCann-Horny/Simon
ZAR-Blueger-Tanev

ETA: See he's listed as LW/RW on CF but dunno how much of it he's played in the past.

ETA: If they did get Toffoli for Chucky and some stuff, i'd definitely want another winger brought in.

Oh great, the Iginla plan. :razz:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
What about Simon and Galchenyuk for Toffoli?

The captains reaction

source.gif

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
So I fully intended to armchair-scout Zucker tonight before it turned into the Sid & Geno extravaganza. I didn't pay as close of attention as I would have liked...from what I saw he looked OK?

Also have a weird-ish thought related to him. Feel free to laugh at it. Given that his wife wants to stay in MIN and Guerin & JR are tight - could we arrange some sort of outright rental for the guy? Like get him for a 1st then trade him back to Minny for a 2nd this summer? I don't know if I want to commit to him for 4 more years with Jake returning and Poulin ascending anyway.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
So I fully intended to armchair-scout Zucker tonight before it turned into the Sid & Geno extravaganza. I didn't pay as close of attention as I would have liked...from what I saw he looked OK?

Also have a weird-ish thought related to him. Feel free to laugh at it. Given that his wife wants to stay in MIN and Guerin & JR are tight - could we arrange some sort of outright rental for the guy? Like get him for a 1st then trade him back to Minny for a 2nd this summer? I don't know if I want to commit to him for 4 more years with Jake returning and Poulin ascending anyway.

Sneaky. I like it :).
Except.... I am not enormously keen on Zucker really. Always worries me when a player has one season stand out greatly from his regular body of work (17-18). This year his numbers before the injury were good, but also because of a higher shooting percentage than he ever had before. I really don't know if he is going to move the needle compared to for instance McCann.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad