Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: We’ve got forwards! Six of one, half dozen of the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Kulemin was a fine player.

But, people wanted to sign him in UFA after
three consecutive 25-30 pt seasons.

What offseason was that?

I mean, our top 6 wing situation has only been solidified fairly recently. 25-30 point players saw regular time in our top 6, and they didn't have the history of complementing Malkin's game that Kulemin did.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Current and ex-Pens take 6 of the top 9 spots. Good to see Teddy in there.

Teddy gonna be crowned best 3rd line Center in the league after next season.
giphy.gif

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
And was much better than Kulemin for the rest of their time in the NHL. Maybe something you should observe when judging Jankowski :)

I don't see how Jankowski enters into this at all.

Simply saying that people who wanted Kulemin on the team had ample reason to beyond "he was Malkin's friend".

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don't see how Jankowski enters into this at all.

Simply saying that people who wanted Kulemin on the team had ample reason to beyond "he was Malkin's friend".

Because many people want Wallmark for what he did last season versus Jankowski much like many people made the same argument for Kulemin over Comeau. Comeau was much better here than we could have imagine.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Because many people want Wallmark for what he did last season versus Jankowski much like many people made the same argument for Kulemin over Comeau. Comeau was much better here than we could have imagine.

But both Comeau and Kulemin were struggling going into '14-'15. So the moral is...sometimes the Pens pick the right struggling player?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Oct 8, 2015 (3-0 Loss to Dallas)

Kunitz Crosby Hornqvist
Perron Malkin Kessel
Plotnikov Bonino Bennett
Farnham Cullen Sprong

Dumoulin Letang
Maatta Scuderi
Cole Lovejoy

Fleury

Of the top of my head

Kunitz - Crosby - Hornqvist
Dupuis - Sutter - Malkin
Spaling- Goc - Comeau
Downie - Adams - Sill

Kulemin always sucked and is just another case of people overrating a player they hadn’t watched. Comeau was the much better player moving forward from 14-15.

I think it was the opening day 2014 season I was thinking of. I totally forgot about having Goc, Comeau, and Downie. Goc was swapped for Lapierre at the TDL. Right around when Bortuzzo was swapped for Cole.

Comeau did well but we could have certainly had both. Hindsight is 20/20 obviously but I still stand by wanting Kulemin at the time.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think it was the opening day 2014 season I was thinking of. I totally forgot about having Goc, Comeau, and Downie. Goc was swapped for Lapierre at the TDL. Right around when Bortuzzo was swapped for Cole.

Comeau did well but we could have certainly had both. Hindsight is 20/20 obviously but I still stand by wanting Kulemin at the time.

We could have, but we would have then had a 4 mil anchor for three more years.

Kind of like this fan bases love affair with Grabner.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
AKA...dumpster dive.

Well, we did no shortage of that this off-season. League-minimum and otherwise.
Low risk, low reward players are the future of the NHL.

More Gibbon’s, Pyatt’s, C. Bourque's, Steve Sullivan’s, etc etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad