Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - The disco ball's spinnin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Well my number 1 is still Zucker. He has lots of term, but don't think Guerin will trade him to Pens as they are fighting for a spot and who would we give up? they would probably want a 1st and one of McCann or Kahun which we need.
The wild at this point could also use Jarry and would try to get him and JR MIGHT be stupid enough to. For me it's a no.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I watched him a lot in Anaheim and that certainly was not the case. Maybe recently that's changed. But I doubt he's "fantastic" defensively.

You made the point yourself it's not about stats. It's about fit. I think I'd sooner send a 1st for Saad than forfeit a 1st and Poulin for KP.

Palms is as a part of the third and fourth line with Cogs and Thompson hen he was in Anaheim? Are you sure you watched him?

The issue was they acquired Kesler and Silf who at the time and in the case of Silf are lights out defensively.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You’re basically seeing a RD at the highest level showing a ton of poise and playing a solid offensive game.
Good, then hopefully some GM will salivate over him and offer us something fairly substantial.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
And by all accounts and statistics I’ve heard Addison has been extremely solid defensively against the best in his age group that aren’t in the NHL at the highest level.

Not to mention the WHL is a better two-way league.

Also Addison is mounting a huge comeback for CAN right now.

What accounts and statistics?

Huh? Palmieri throughout his career has been a fantastic two-way guy. And he was one of the best ES forwards in the league last year?

T-113rd for points, 82nd for GF%, 95th for xGF%... eh, 30th for xGF% tbf. Even so, doesn't quite read as best...

I'm curious, have you watched Poulin play much?

Nope. You think his likely ceiling is above Landeskog?

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Palms is as a part of the third and fourth line with Cogs and Thompson hen he was in Anaheim? Are you sure you watched him?

The issue was they acquired Kesler and Silf who at the time and in the case of Silf are lights out defensively.

He was part of the bottom six because he was playing behind RPG and Selanne. Not because he was some Selke candidate.

And in my viewings of him against the Pens, he's benefited from playing on a crap offensive team. He's not relied upon to be a two player. So I doubt he comes in here ready to play our style off the bat.

And again, if the cost was a 1st, sure I'd do it just to have another scoring threat and a RHS for the PP. But 1st and a top prospect, that's when I'd start thinking twice.

I'd sooner trade that for Trocheck even if he's not a fit at wing here. He's tailor made for Pens hockey.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He was part of the bottom six because he was playing behind RPG and Selanne. Not because he was some Selke candidate.

And in my viewings of him against the Pens, he's benefited from playing on a crap offensive team. He's not relied upon to be a two player. So I doubt he comes in here ready to play our style off the bat.

And again, if the cost was a 1st, sure I'd do it just to have another scoring threat and a RHS for the PP. But 1st and a top prospect, that's when I'd start thinking twice.

I'd sooner trade that for Trocheck even if he's not a fit at wing here. He's tailor made for Pens hockey.
Yeah this. I like Palms. But not enough to part with a solid prospect and that first. That first? Sure whatever. But not both.

Reactions: Riptide

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
What accounts and statistics?

T-113rd for points, 82nd for GF%, 95th for xGF%... eh, 30th for xGF% tbf. Even so, doesn't quite read as best...

Nope. You think his likely ceiling is above Landeskog?
So, you haven't really seen him play yet you're critiquing him solely based on stats and news clippings? Do you think that's all there is to assessing a players potential ceiling or overall value?

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
goalies and d men mature as they play. They work on their craft and continue to improve mostly by incremental steps but improve. Jarry may just be getting going here and we will see if he can be that guy. For now ride the hot hand and see where that takes the team.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA

Selanne and him didn’t really play too much together. Selanne was hurt when Palms played his first regular season with ANA then retired the year he was traded.

Cogs - Thompson - Palms was the shutdown line they used in 14-15 when they went to the WCF. They obviously also had Kesler and Silf too.

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
So, you haven't really seen him play yet you're critiquing him solely based on stats and news clippings? Do you think that's all there is to assessing a players potential ceiling or overall value?

You've got an opinion to give about Poulin's ceiling, give it. Elsewise I'm not in the mood to dance around the very obvious.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Last edited:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

You've got an opinion to give about Poulin's ceiling, give it. Elsewise I'm not in the mood to dance around the very obvious.
My opinion is you draw certain conclusions without having some of the facts. Which means it's hard to accurately assess a prospect or even pro players value with bits and pieces missing. And that's precisely what you're doing here.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
My opinion is you draw certain conclusions without having some of the facts. Which means it's hard to accurately assess a prospect or even pro players value with bits and pieces missing. And that's precisely what you're doing here.

Get off the fence Ryder ;)

Reactions: Ryder71

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Let me guess, you’ve watched every game Poulin has played just like you’ve missed 7 Pens games or whatever since 1984?
Six games since '81 actually, well, back then most weren't on tv. But either watched, attended or listened to. And no I haven't seen every game by Poulin, but I've seen quite a few. And the same goes for guys like Addison and Legare.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
While we’re speaking of real and truly verifiable important things, my uncle that works at Nintendo says that the real way to save Aris in FF VII is to press LR X Y B A 66 times until Mario comes out if your t.v. to shake your hand and tell everyone you’re cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad