Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - The disco ball's spinnin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Hey, the Preds probably need a RD. Send 'em Schultz and see what we can steal from 'em now that Corey Perry just brained Ellis.

Also, spend the assets needed to solve the top-6 wing issue moving forward. Enough of this Sheary, Kovalchuk, Radulov garbage. :laugh: We needed a scoring line winger before Jake went down, and since his injury I'd hope JR doesn't make a snap acquisition but instead makes a move for a guy that's going to be part of our plans for years. It'll be more expensive than someone listed above, but it'll be worth it.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Hey, the Preds probably need a RD. Send 'em Schultz and see what we can steal from 'em now that Corey Perry just brained Ellis.

Schultzy for Granlund

Edit: Also, when I asked the Sens board about players the Pens could acquire, they're ready to give up Hainsey for a low pick. Haven't watched him this year, but I believe he can still play both sides and would be a nice security option.

Last edited:
Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
My dream acquisition for a name that’s been out there for a potential trade is Kapanen...

TOR needs defense and goaltending...we may have to part with a goaltender and maybe Riikola...don’t think TOR has money for Schultz....but that would be a good player fit and someone who can score goals and is well rounded...

Kahun/Simon- Sid-Kapanen
Kahun/Gally- G- Rust
McCann/Simon-Bjug/McCann-Horny
ZAR-Blueger-Tanev

Reactions: PhilThrillPill

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
My dream acquisition for a name that’s been out there for a potential trade is Kapanen...

TOR needs defense and goaltending...we may have to part with a goaltender and maybe Riikola...don’t think TOR has money for Schultz....but that would be a good player fit and someone who can score goals and is well rounded...

Kahun/Simon- Sid-Kapanen
Kahun/Gally- G- Rust
McCann/Simon-Bjug/McCann-Horny
ZAR-Blueger-Tanev
I don't think Desmith and Riikola get it done. Definitely Desmith but I don't see them having much interest in Riikola. And if they did we'd still likely have to add.

Reactions: Andy99

PhilThrillPill

Jun 4, 2016
Toronto
Ryder71:
”I'd love to Get Kapanen. They need a back up desperately so Desmith they'd want. Probably our 1st as well.”

you think Kapanen would cost us desmith and a first? That sounds like way too much.
A straight up Desmith versus Kapanen sounds right. It would allow them to free up cap space as well which is critical for them.

PhilThrillPill

Jun 4, 2016
Toronto
I don't think Desmith and Riikola get it done. Definitely Desmith but I don't see them having much interest in Riikola. And if they did we'd still likely have to add.
Don’t underestimate their salary cap issues and the fact that their current back up situation is an automatic loss.

desmith could maybe even do it alone.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Schultzy for Granlund

Edit: Also, when I asked the Sens board about players the Pens could acquire, they're ready to give up Hainsey for a low pick. Haven't watched him this year, but I believe he can still play both sides and would be a nice security option.
JGP, Namestikov and Hainsey. One stop shopping.:cool:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Don’t underestimate their salary cap issues and the fact that their current back up situation is an automatic loss.

desmith could maybe even do it alone.
They most certainly could use Desmith, no doubt whatsoever. But they aren't gonna give him up for him alone. If they would it would be GLORIOUS!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
TIOPS article today says the one rental forward the Pens are most interested in is Pageau....can drive own offense, plays multiple positions and is trusted by the coaches...says JR tried to acquire him, not Brassard, initially from the Sens...

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

enviSAGE

waitin on the good times
Aug 10, 2011
I think I support a simple Kovalchuk signing and keeping the likes of Poulin, Addison, and POJ. If we can get a big upgrade for a 1st round pick, then we can get a big upgrade for a 1st round pick.

McCann - Crosby - Hornqvist
Kovalchuk - Malkin - Rust
Kahun - Bjugstad - Galchenyuk
Tanev - Blueger - Aston-Reese

Dumoulin - Letang
Johnson - Marino
Pettersson - Schultz

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
TIOPS article today says the one rental forward the Pens are most interested in is Pageau....can drive own offense, plays multiple positions and is trusted by the coaches...says JR tried to acquire him, not Brassard, initially from the Sens...
Good on faceoffs and a + 19, can score goals and hard to play against.

Just really don't like dealing with the Sens.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
No interest in chasing 3 scoring lines again. We have the depth to create two competent 3rd lines.

Find a winger to play with Sid. Hope AG turns it around and/or Williams signs here. And then really hope Jake can come back in a deep playoff run.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I imagine it would be a 1st, Bjugstad and one of our prospects.

I'm not really into it, but I can get the idea behind doing it.
I think a 1st should be enough, and fine if we move Bjug, but what caliber of prospect would you have in mind? I sure hope you don't mean any of Poulin, Legare, Hallander or Addison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->