Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Spinning our Rud-wheels all summer long...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019
Here's to hoping that's just Madden gurgling into the void. But with this team lately who knows.
Yohe lost the Pens Beat Writer gig to Jason Mackey who was number 3 when DK left & Rossi became a columnist. he is no better than Jabba the Talk Show host

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yohe on Madden right now talking about MAF. He claims that the Penguins would look at a Fleury-Jarry tandem if Fleury became available, and that Fleury would probably be the 1A and Jarry would be the 1B.

F*cking YIKES.

Maf would have to be left exposed for Seattle to keep Jarry safe and Vegas would need to eat 2M for starters but please god no to Fleury.

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yohe also said that he doesn't think that Murray will be going to a rebuilding team, it will probably go to a team that is near contending and wants to be better now. I think that really only negates out Detroit and maybe Ottawa as contenders for Murray.

Yohe also said that JR is super active right now, with Yohe claiming that a lot of NHL executives have told Yohe that JR is on the phone with them every day and talking about a lot of names.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yohe also said that he doesn't think that Murray will be going to a rebuilding team, it will probably go to a team that is near contending and wants to be better now. I think that really only negates out Detroit and maybe Ottawa as contenders for Murray.

Yohe also said that JR is super active right now, with Yohe claiming that a lot of NHL executives have told Yohe that JR is on the phone with them every day and talking about a lot of names.

Bye Poulin, Legere, 2022 1st round pick, etc.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida

I wonder which players are being talked about

My gut has told me Oilers since team North America. He and McDavid seemed to get along and there was just something to it all.

I doubt it's players though... Oilers will likely give us cap space and picks.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
That was Yohe, not Madden. That's my concern. It's more legitimate than Madden saying it.

Oh. Well then that is a LITTLE different.

Though to be totally honest I don't find Yohe to be terribly credible, either. Or at the very least he loves himself some clickbait. And Fleury stuff is primo clickbait.

Then again I went all apeshit over some clickbait-y Malkin stuff just yesterday. But then again then again that came directly out of JR Changs yap, to be fair to me.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
My gut has told me Oilers since team North America. He and McDavid seemed to get along and there was just something to it all.

I doubt it's players though... Oilers will likely give us cap space and picks.

I think Oilers would have to give us someone back. They cant afford an additional 5-6 m salary.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Few more points from Yohe:
  • Yohe claims that Murray is guaranteed to go, and he's likely the next trade. Bjugstad is going to be moved out if JR can move him and the Penguins are likely moving McCann because they don't know what to do with him.
  • They're not interested in getting rid of Johnson's contract. Yohe also doesn't think that Hornqvist will finish his contract here, but not this off-season.
  • JR doesn't want to blow the team up. Very unlikely that Letang gets moved and Malkin is definitely not getting moved.
I think this is everything. Just stuff about Fleury, a lot of good news with Murray and the Penguins are looking to move Bjugstad and McCann.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
What Yohe is describing doesn't seem like much of a shakeup, TBH. If he's at all accurate the JJ stuff isn't surprising, either. Though people keep insisting to the contrary... I'm not sure where they are getting their optimism. Outside of an unconfirmed trade attempt from years ago.

McCann and Bjugstad heading out just seem like logical choices, to me.

Reactions: Doogle

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Yohe on Madden right now talking about MAF. He claims that the Penguins would look at a Fleury-Jarry tandem if Fleury became available, and that Fleury would probably be the 1A and Jarry would be the 1B.

F*cking YIKES.

Also news on Murray. Yohe has heard from a number of people that a lot of teams are interested in Murray. Toronto, Colorado, Edmonton and Calgary are listed as "very interested".
Its all just talk. Even a MAF at 50% retention for 3.5M makes it difficult to fit him into the Cap. If it was MAF at 50% for JJ, then yeah, knock yourself out.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What Yohe is describing doesn't seem like much of a shakeup, TBH. If he's at all accurate the JJ stuff isn't surprising, either. Though people keep insisting to the contrary... I'm not sure where they are getting their optimism. Outside of an unconfirmed trade attempt from years ago.

McCann and Bjugstad heading out just seem like logical choices, to me.

I think guys like Rust and Dumoulin are being discussed in the other stuff that Yohe was talking about, the "we're having calls every day about a lot of players" comment.

Its all just talk. Even a MAF at 50% retention for 3.5M makes it difficult to fit him into the Cap. If it was MAF at 50% for JJ, then yeah, knock yourself out.

Tbh I think you can do Fleury at 50% fairly easily. Going 2 years with Jarry likely gets you a Jarry-Fleury tandem for about $6-$6.5 million for next year, which is definitely doable for the Penguins.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'd be good with them taking Fleury at 50% not because I think it's a good idea but because it would be fun watching a combination of exploding heads and utter f***ing confusion from the Jarry "fans."

Would at least make the season somewhat entertaining.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I wonder if Crosby does not want JJ gone so JR is saying he's keeping him?

And if so, he needs a coach or manager to tell him to bleep off and that he doesn’t have the best interests of the team in mind if he really wants JJ playing on the team...

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
And if so, he needs a coach or manager to tell him to bleep off and that he doesn’t have the best interests of the team in mind if he really wants JJ playing on the team...
Just makes no sense in keeping the worst dman in the league if you're trying to get cups.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If Crosby is actually calling the final shots re: linemates and even signings (and I still largely refuse to believe this) then guess what? Still a FO and coaching problem.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I can’t believe they’d entertain bringing Fleury back. Yuck.

This team can not afford that type of cap commitment to a mediocre goalie. It’d basically be like signing Murray.

Tbf, spending around $6-$6.5 million by getting Fleury at 50% seems like a pretty good goalie tandem to have for that price.

My concern is that they're going to start Fleury over Jarry in the playoffs even if Jarry is better.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Tbf, spending around $6-$6.5 million by getting Fleury at 50% seems like a pretty good goalie tandem to have for that price.

My concern is that they're going to start Fleury over Jarry in the playoffs even if Jarry is better.

Well of course they will.

You don't get the band back together and not hit the stage!

DRAGO 18

Jan 17, 2006
Pittsburgh
I can’t believe they’d entertain bringing Fleury back. Yuck.

This team can not afford that type of cap commitment to a mediocre goalie. It’d basically be like signing Murray.

For what its worth, Madden is saying that hes heard that Vegas might buy out Fleury and then he becomes a UFA and then signs with the Penguins for a "reasonable hit". Take it for what its worth, I guess.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Don’t really agree with moving McCann. Maybe it’s just me, but with a new forward coach maybe they figure out where he works best.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Just no to MAF.

I can understand the logic if he comes back cheap enough (50% retained or he's bought out and comes back on a sweetheart of a deal), but there would still be this constant desire from Sully, the fans, the media, and the core guys who are all friends with him to start him. Just no. Jarry is your guy. Don't undermine his confidence by bringing back a guy like MAF.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Vegas paying another team to buy-out Fleury is actually a pretty interesting suggestion. Fleury's buyout is pretty aggressive, it's $2.6 million next year, $3.1 million the year after and 2 years of $2.1 million, but I've seen comparable to worse buyouts done in the past with guys like Shattenkirk, Sekera, Perry and Phaneuf.

It's legit to ask how much Vegas would have to pay to get someone else to eat at least a part of that, but teams haven't shied away from those kinds of buyouts in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad