Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - Now the stars so vast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He’s playing with Aho and Teravainen so he doesn’t have to be the driver there either.

He’s been bad defensively compared to his teammates and on pace for less than 10 goals. We can do better with less risk.

If there is better available but it costs more might as well pay the extra then.
I’m open to better possibilities but I don’t see much out there. Toffoli? But he’s just a rental.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
**** you.

Edit: the **** is ALL CAPS
ezgif.com-gif-maker_6_grande.gif

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
too bad the Pens aren’t on that list...

While he’d be good. He’s also missed half a season but a free cheap winger of his calibre would be nice.

He’s not the major move though. As Axel Foley would say it’s just a little “flash money”.

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I’m open to better possibilities but I don’t see much out there. Toffoli? But he’s just a rental.

Id rather a rental then him because then we arent potentially stuck with someone who’s trade value is dropping and signed 2 more years. That’s a tough sell if he is what he is now. Takes up a lot of what cap space we have left too (either this year or next).

There will be trades out there for us.

Reactions: Riptide

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We aren’t that short of talent. I think we are a contender now without even making a move. We will though which will make us better.

Malkin, Crosby and Letang have all missed games plus a bunch of others. We work hard because that’s the style the coach wants and everyone is buying in. Highly skilled or plug doesn’t matter, you don’t work hard in this system things become undone. Flipping the switch isn’t a good plan. I think the players thought they could do that last season.
We are short on high end talent IMO. And TBH I believed this even before Jake went down. Everybody understands as to why we traded Phil, but now you lose Jake. Yeah, our high end talent essentially consists of three players. Most elite teams have more depth in that regard.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
We are short on high end talent IMO. And TBH I believed this even before Jake went down. Everybody understands as to why we traded Phil, but now you lose Jake. Yeah, our high end talent essentially consists of three players. Most elite teams have more depth in that regard.

Who are the elite teams with high end talent that’s much better than ours?

I see it pretty even myself. Yeah Jake hurts but we will bring in someone else. Not to his level of course.

Our system and depth is what will seperate us should we win the cup.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Who are the elite teams with high end talent that’s much better than ours?

I see it pretty even myself. Yeah Jake hurts but we will bring in someone else. Not to his level of course.

Our system and depth is what will seperate us should we win the cup.
Washington for example has five such players. AO, NB, EK, TO and JC. We have three. Now this can get a bit subjective, but all those players on the Caps should be considered elite players.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017

if you include Oshie you better be including Rust who’s having a better season than him (and Ovechkin).

Our centres are better than theirs comfortably and we have Letang to their Carlson.

Saying Oshie is elite is one of the weirdest things I’ve seen posted lately.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I think we need a winger who’s more than just “competent,” as shown by your explanation that G and Rust having been carrying us...they really haven’t lit it up since Jake got injured.... but I guess the proof will be in the pudding and if we get to the SCF with not much of an upgrade (because I doubt we’ll find a good trade), I’ll bow to your superior knowledge...

I think of it this way. Malkin and Rust in a second line role doesn't require Guentzel to be a good scoring line. Teams can't sell out to stop them, nor will they be used as a matchup line with a healthy Sid.

I think you need to find the right player for Sid. We all know he's particular about who he plays with, but it certainly doesn't need to be a flashy acquisition for it to work.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
if you include Oshie you better be including Rust who’s having a better season than him (and Ovechkin).

Our centres are better than theirs comfortably and we have Letang to their Carlson.

Saying Oshie is elite is one of the weirdest things I’ve seen posted lately.
I think Oshie is a higher caliber player than Rust. Rusty is having a great year but he's never broken 20 goals. Oshie has had three seasons of over 25 I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad