Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - Now the stars so vast

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRAGO 18

Jan 17, 2006
Pittsburgh
My hope is JR is able to convince his old buddy Justin Williams to come here instead of Raleigh, and spending no assets in the process...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
My preference is Saad. Then Zucker. After that ... meh.

there is no one else that’s top 6 who is available and we don’t know if those guys are either...I’m not really confident atm that we’ll get any REAL help in the top 6...

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
there is no one else that’s top 6 who is available and we don’t know if those guys are either...I’m not really confident atm that we’ll get any REAL help in the top 6...
But what if by chance they were available Andy, what would you be willing to part with?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I wouldnt be surprised to see this when Sid returns:

McCann - Crosby - Hornqvist
Kahun - Malkin - Rust
ZAR - Bleuger - Tanev
Simon - Blandisi - Lafferty

And then once Bjugstad gets back, and we bring in a trade with Chucky going the other way plus picks or prospects:

McCann - Crosby - Trade
Kahun - Malkin - Rust
Simon - Bjugstad - Hornqvist
ZAR - Bleuger - Tanev

Man, I'd actually REALLY like it if Kahun could find some chemistry with Sid and whoever they bring in. That would allow McCann to slot with Geno and Rust and that combo worked really well before.

Saad/Zucker-Crosby-Kahun
McCann-Malkin-Rust
Simon-Bjugstad-Hornqvist
ZAR-Bleuger-Tanev

Works for me.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
nm ^ what he said.
A lot of them can but I agree that Rust is the big one for him to be talking about. I think Guentzel, Simon, Kahun, Tanev and Rust can all play either side. It lowers the chances of them having to move an RW if they add another. He’s probably bluffing, though. An LW makes more sense now and going forward.
I think I disagree. Jake and Kahun are going to be our top 6 LWs going forward. Shouldn’t we look for a RW?
Saad-Crosby-Hornqvist

giphy.gif
Don’t do it. Keep Horny away from Sid or Geno 5v5! Keep Simon to play with Horny. Bjugstad, or McCann or a trade can play 3C. Keep ZAR to play with Teddy and Turbo.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
He says he prefers LW.

No offense to Rust, but most players will say whatever the coach/media wants to hear. You want me to play LW? Sure thing, no problem, I'm looking forward to it... etc. I think Hornqvist is one of the few in recent years who seemed critical of being moved to LW and even he was pretty subtle about it.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
But what if by chance they were available Andy, what would you be willing to part with?

Depends on the player...if it’s Saad or Zucker, who aren’t rentals, then a first and either another draft pick or roster player/prospect...the only problem with Zucker is he has three more years on his contract but if you love the player and the contract is fair, then fine....I don’t love him that much...I’d prefer Saad, and giving up a first and a prospect that’s not Poulin, Addison or Legare...if Chicago loves ZAR for example, I’m not going to say no...I don’t think Chicago would take Bjug or Gally

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Reason why i keep talking about others since it's not a given' Saad or Zucker will be available:

Namestnikov still interests me.
Very good defensively(check his charts). Not just with Tampa but with the Rangers as well.
History of producing very well with elite talent in Tampa.
Would not cost top assets.
If he didn't work out, he's a UFA.

If you're searching for another McCann or Kahun, he's definitely a guy to look at.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Reason why i keep talking about others since it's not a given' Saad or Zucker will be available:

Very good defensively(check his charts). Not just with Tampa but with the Rangers as well.

If you're searching for another McCann or Kahun, he's definitely a guy to look at.
I like Namestikov as a secondary acquisition. He would rank probably 6th on my list.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013

I think we need a top 6 guy and then a secondary tweener so Namestikov would be an interesting get.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Depends on the player...if it’s Saad or Zucker, who aren’t rentals, then a first and either another draft pick or roster player/prospect...the only problem with Zucker is he has three more years on his contract but if you love the player and the contract is fair, then fine....I don’t love him that much...I’d prefer Saad, and giving up a first and a prospect that’s not Poulin, Addison or Legare...if Chicago loves ZAR for example, I’m not going to say no...I don’t think Chicago would take Bjug or Gally
A first in 2020 and a late rounder, or depth player if we're taking on full salaries would be fair IMO. And I agree none of our top prospects. And I'd probably go five deep on that list. Poulin, Hallander, Legare, Addison and probably POJ.

Reactions: Andy99

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'm opposite. I think Zucker is just a notch better in just about everything and his contract is a bit better too.

Too injury prone to trust he stays healthy the next couple years.

But yeah he likely has the higher upside with his speed.

Edit. Looks like he hasn't miss much time the past few years.

Nevermind. He's probably the best avenue.

Reactions: JTG

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm opposite. I think Zucker is just a notch better in just about everything and his contract is a bit better too.

I like him better as a player overall but I don’t like that he has three years left on his contract....if the FO loves him, then go for him, but I don’t think he’s available...Saad is more likely available, and Zucker, even if available, likely would cost us a roster player or prospect we don’t want to give up...

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Saad's been much better in the playoffs as well, albeit on really good teams. It's a tough call but I do like Zucker's skating quite a bit better. I'd be happy with either I suppose. Also and equally as important I'd rather deal with Billy G and Bowman than some of their EC contemporaries.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I feel like we need a top 6 winger and a tweener guy so that frees up a guy like Kahun to play with Malkin if they keep clicking... I don't like Simon on line 3 so I would prefer getting a middle six guy to push him down to line 4...

So how about Simon, Gally and 1st for Saad and then trade a couple picks for Vesey from Buffalo?

Saad Crosby Hornqvist
Kahun Malkin Rust
Vesey McCann Bjugstad
ZAR Blueger Tanev

tenor.gif

Saad-Crosby-Sheary
McCann-Malkin-Rust
Kahun-Pageau-Hornqvist
ZAR-Bleuger-Tanev
Simon
Lafferty

Out: Bjugstad, Galch.

Okay that’s probably impossible, but that forward group looks massively competent defensively outside of Sheary. Also might be too much change so whatevs.

source.gif

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad