Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - JJ is still here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Only reason this doesn't work is egos over their best advantage over other teams having a constant offensive pressure throughout games.

Well that's just, like... your opinion, man.

Seriously... where does all this "ego" garbage come from with you as it relates to Crosby and Malkin? It's completely off base with zero evidence to back it up.

Wait is that Galchenyuks nickname? Chucky?

That's terrible.

I go with "Gally." I tried the Chucky thing for one post and it just didn't sit right with me.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Seriously... where does all this "ego" garbage come from with you as it relates to Crosby and Malkin? It's completely off base with zero evidence to back it up.

I go with "Gally." I tried the Chucky thing for one post and it just didn't sit right with me.

Geno and Gally sounds better.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

You don't think the stars want to be on the top PP unit?

I see it as puting out the freshest unit and that's not always everyone from the top unit. A lot of the times it is one of them drawing that PP on long shifts.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Wait is that Galchenyuks nickname? Chucky?

That's terrible.

I like it.

CoolQuickHen.webp

Reactions: KIRK

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
You don't think the stars want to be on the top PP unit?

I see it as puting out the freshest unit and that's not always everyone from the top unit. A lot of the times it is one of them drawing that PP on long shifts.

I don't just mean that one example. You've been bagging on Malkin's "want" for a while. It's ridiculous. I'm just saying.

They want to be on the top unit because they are both highly competitive and want to score a goal or make a play to help their team win. Their best shot of doing that is on the powerplay... together. And you put your best players on your top unit. This team isn't so f***ing special that they get to re-invent the wheel and try to mess around with that pretty standard rule of thumb. You put each guy on their own unit and you are robbing your own team of a chance to win. Which is kind of contrary to the entire idea of even playing the game. A much more practical problem is that if the top unit gets possession and keeps it in the zone a while, the second unit is left off and Malkin (or if the reverse is true Crosby) gets held off the ice in a circumstance where he never, ever should. Then for the next powerplay... do you REALLY think the coach is going to say "oh hey the last PP the other unit got way more ice so you guys go first this time." No.

Separate units for those two is stupid and always has been. I'm pretty inflexible on this topic. I for sure don't think it gives them "a better chance to win." It's just another example of massively overthinking/over-complicating a problem that isn't even really there.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Malkin is the concern. His one timer is not as potent and staying healthy as well. Nashville has Turris at 6 million and no question he is a disappointment. Trade Horny and JJ to Nashville for him and flip him with 1 million retention to the Canucks for Lievo and 1st pick. Turris at 5 million doesn't break the bank and Pens add that third line RW shot. PP is Sid Geno Rust/Lievo Letang and Jake/Bjugstad in front.

Jake Sid Kahun
Rust Geno Galenchuk
McCann Bugs Lievo
Tanev Blueger Reese/Simon

Letang Dumo
Schultz Petts
Gulbranson Riikola
Ruhwedel

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

You don’t get to where guys like Malkin, Crosby and Letang are at in pro hockey without an ego.

It doesn’t have to be a bad thing, just a quiet belief they are the best player on the ice when they step out there.

I’m sure if you gave them a shot of Everclear and asked what they really thought about a few things, the answers would be a lot different than through the filter of a live mic.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
You don’t get to where guys like Malkin, Crosby and Letang are at in pro hockey without an ego.

It doesn’t have to be a bad thing, just a quiet belief they are the best player on the ice when they step out there.

I’m sure if you gave them a shot of Everclear and asked what they really thought about a few things, the answers would be a lot different than through the filter of a live mic.

Sure, of course. But that's not what I mean. Trying to paint Malkin as some sort of malcontent, lazy-ass, selfish ego-monster seems to be in style lately but that doesn't make it true.

A good counter to that narrative would be like... I dunno... his entire career as a Penguin.

TheDuderino

May 1, 2019
CT USA
Show your work, because you've already shown that your word is pretty meaningless.

Awww...look at you...back for more...

4pts in 3 games in February out of 12 games played

4pts in 2 games in March out of 15 games played

You're welcome...

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't just mean that one example. You've been bagging on Malkin's "want" for a while. It's ridiculous. I'm just saying.

They want to be on the top unit because they are both highly competitive and want to score a goal or make a play to help their team win. Their best shot of doing that is on the powerplay... together. And you put your best players on your top unit. This team isn't so ****ing special that they get to re-invent the wheel and try to mess around with that pretty standard rule of thumb. You put each guy on their own unit and you are robbing your own team of a chance to win. Which is kind of contrary to the entire idea of even playing the game. A much more practical problem is that if the top unit gets possession and keeps it in the zone a while, the second unit is left off and Malkin (or if the reverse is true Crosby) gets held off the ice in a circumstance where he never, ever should. Then for the next powerplay... do you REALLY think the coach is going to say "oh hey the last PP the other unit got way more ice so you guys go first this time." No.

Separate units for those two is stupid and always has been. I'm pretty inflexible on this topic. I for sure don't think it gives them "a better chance to win." It's just another example of massively overthinking/over-complicating a problem that isn't even really there.
I'm on my phone the rest of the day, but, Jiggy touched on it well enough.

Sometimes guys are coddled to detriment of the teams best interests, and I don't think I singled anyone out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad