Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - Is one moon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm dreaming of a Sheary-Sid-Simon line.

We could even give them a cool nickname like the SSS line or the snake line! the possibilties are endless.

Nah, I think you'd see:

McCann-Crosby-Sheary
Guentzel-Malkin-Rust
Kahun-Bjugstad-Hornqvist
ZAR-Blueger-Tanev

I don't even think Simon will be in the lineup if you re-acquire Sheary.

Reactions: Louis Hensler

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Nah, I think you'd see:

McCann-Crosby-Sheary
Guentzel-Malkin-Rust
Kahun-Bjugstad-Hornqvist
ZAR-Blueger-Tanev

I don't even think Simon will be in the lineup if you re-acquire Sheary.

Shearys shot look like Ovi compared to Simon. At this point I'd take it. I can't see Bjugs as our 3C though I understand that would be ideal.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If you think about it, Galchenyuk for Sheary does make a lot of sense:

1. Sheary has a history of fitting well with Crosby, and it's very possible that Guentzel spends the year with Malkin after how good they've looked together.
2. Galchenyuk for Sheary fits the mold of past reclamation project type trades JR has done
3. JR loves re-acquiring players that played for him in the past, especially ones on past cup winners (Cullen and Hainsey are 2 recent examples)
4. I believe JR also liked Sheary as a player and only moved him in the first place due to a cap crunch

Can Sully handle putting Chucky with Malkin for a few games just so he can get some drive by points then sell him as he's 'heating up'

That's not going to change anything, I think everyone knows what Galchenyuk's deal is at this point.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
If you think about it, Galchenyuk for Sheary does make a lot of sense:

1. Sheary has a history of fitting well with Crosby, and it's very possible that Guentzel spends the year with Malkin after how good they've looked together.
2. Galchenyuk for Sheary fits the mold of past reclamation project type trades JR has done
3. JR loves re-acquiring players that played for him in the past, especially ones on past cup winners (Cullen and Hainsey are 2 recent examples)
4. I believe JR also liked Sheary as a player and only moved him in the first place due to a cap crunch

That's not going to change anything, I think everyone knows what Galchenyuk's deal is at this point.

Well let's get this over with, hopefully soon. I'm tired of it. At least Shearys skates fast, can process the game at a normal NHL level.. albeit he also hits the ice more times than most.

Hamurai

Jun 19, 2019
Pittsburgh
I’d still love to acquire miller as well. Maybe galchenyuk + for sheary and miller. The + would obviously have to make sense for their team need and within our cap (difference of $1.975m added to the pens)

Reactions: Trade

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I’d still love to acquire miller as well. Maybe galchenyuk + for sheary and miller. The + would obviously have to make sense for their team need and within our cap (difference of $1.975m added to the pens)

Chucky, Simon, Riik
For
Sheary, Miller

Reactions: Hamurai

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Agree that there is no point to giving away assets who might help within the next few years, but each year the window closes a little more. The top priority always has to be to win this year because the chance of winning next year will be just a little bit less. And I think anything beyond Sid's and Geno's present contracts is rebuild territory.

The good news, at least IMHO, is that they aren’t many moves away from being a top contender. So I don’t see any reasons to move a bunch of futures.

A legit top six winger (no, not Hall) and maybe a depth blueliner.

Then they will need Murray to get it together, some actual luck with their health, and they can make as good a run as anyone out there.

Yeah, I’m fine with Chucky for Sheary but it is a whole lot of meh from me.

It’s just another wart with a different look.

He just needs to be moved for futures, not another guy with his own issues.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The more trash we can shovel off the team the better. Sheary and Miller would contribute more positively.

Miller is an enigma type so I dunno...

Sheary has less points than the guy frustrating most of us, and he’s out producing him from fourth line purgatory.

Sheary is still the same spazz he always was.

Reactions: Trade

Hamurai

Jun 19, 2019
Pittsburgh
Miller is an enigma type so I dunno...

Sheary has less points than the guy frustrating most of us, and he’s out producing him from fourth line purgatory.

Sheary is still the same spazz he always was.
I think the trash he was referring to was ZAR/Simon, not galchenyuk.

I agree though sheary is not an upgrade on galchenyuk. If it’s straight up 1-for-1 then I’d rather they keep galchenyuk and just bench him if we get to a point of health that he’s pushed out of the line up.

Louis Hensler

Jul 24, 2019
Shearys shot look like Ovi compared to Simon. At this point I'd take it. I can't see Bjugs as our 3C though I understand that would be ideal.

An alternative would be to put McCann at 3C, bump Kahun up to Crosby's line, bump Tanev or ZAR up to 3LW, and try Bjug at 4RW.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
tenor.gif

Louis Hensler

Jul 24, 2019
Yeah, I’m fine with Chucky for Sheary but it is a whole lot of meh from me.
I'm ok with the deal, but I'm not sure it really solves the problem of too many NHL caliber forwards once everyone is healthy. You still have to send someone down, and I'm not excited about that if it's Lafferty. (Noesen going back down is a given.) Plus I think Adam Johnson deserves a shot.

Louis Hensler

Jul 24, 2019
The good news, at least IMHO, is that they aren’t many moves away from being a top contender. So I don’t see any reasons to move a bunch of futures.

A legit top six winger (no, not Hall) and maybe a depth blueliner.

Then they will need Murray to get it together, some actual luck with their health, and they can make as good a run as anyone out there.

It’s just another wart with a different look.

He just needs to be moved for futures, not another guy with his own issues.
I'm coming around to the futures idea. The Pens have more than enough NHL forwards, which is why Chucky needs to be dealt in the first place.

Reactions: Hamurai

Louis Hensler

Jul 24, 2019
I’m assuming you mean against. Depends on how much they value galchenyuk. Sheary and he 1-for-1 is pretty lopsided against the pens.

No, I meant against the Pens. Let's assume Sheary for Chucky is even (which I agree with you it probably isn't), Simon and Riikola for Miller is too much. I'm not seeing the great attraction of Miller.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't really want Sheary coming back, if I'm being honest. I guess it gets rid of Galchenyuk, but Sheary's not what Sid-Jake needs, nor is he what Geno-Rust needs. UFA after the season though, so I guess that works.

My dream scenario is that we somehow manage to swing a trade for Kreider or Zucker.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't really want Sheary coming back, if I'm being honest. I guess it gets rid of Galchenyuk, but Sheary's not what Sid-Jake needs, nor is he what Geno-Rust needs. UFA after the season though, so I guess that works.

My dream scenario is that we somehow manage to swing a trade for Kreider or Zucker.

I don't think those should be the combinations you're looking at, I think Guentzel-Malkin-Rust should stick together. At that point, I think a McCann-Crosby-Sheary line makes sense on paper.

Louis Hensler

Jul 24, 2019

Kessel really screwed us there. If the Zucker deal had done through, the Pens are sitting pretty. I assume Kreider would be the easier get, but I think it would take more than Chucky. Maybe Chucky and Simon for Kreider?

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Not sure where Sheary's name is coming from, but I'd love to have him back, if for no other reason than that he's scoring at like a 110 point pace against us :laugh:

For real, though, I liked him and I never wanted him to leave. He's got that natural knack of going to places where the puck's going to be, even if he sometimes spazzes when he gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad