Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - If the dog days had dog days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
tumblr_m54hfii4Kx1qigluvo6_250.gif

Seriously....Run.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Letang listed as #46...gotta think he should be higher but maybe health played into it...

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
This season can’t start fast enough.

That extra $1m-$2m the GMs were planning in cap space and didn’t get really screwed the pooch for trades and several signings. It’s been a quiet past several weeks.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Every ranking where I see Josi over Letang I die a little more inside.

Sports writers, hell media in general, have lower reputations than used car salesman.

Ever since clicks were monetized and they learned that sensationalism (in other words dollars) matters more than credibility who cares about their rankings or opinions? I take them all with a huge grain of salt, but mostly ignore them.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Every ranking where I see Josi over Letang I die a little more inside.

That means one would have to assume to you are, indeed, alive. I figured you were just some AI that was programmed to reply with a constant barrage of hopelessness, sarcasm, and pessimism. Or who knows, maybe you're like Number 5 from Short Circuit. Ever see that movie? Robot gets struck by lightning and suddenly is alive. Good flick. Steve Guttenberg starred in it. You should check it out. I think you could really identify with the character. He has this line early in movie that he repeats over and over - "Malfunction, need input". Lil devil was only on the outlook for input. He gets it...but he can never quite seem to put it all together in any meaningful way.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Sports writers, hell media in general, have lower reputations than used car salesman.

Ever since clicks were monetized and they learned that sensationalism (in other words dollars) matters more than credibility who cares about their rankings or opinions? I take them all with a huge grain of salt, but mostly ignore them.

Sensationalism has been the winning ticket to news/gossip FAR longer than the internet.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
An NHL ranking? Yeah **** them. When Geno becomes #101, I officially give up on all lists provided by the NHL.

The thing here is, Letang isn't being slighted like Geno was, and being firmly seated in the top 50 should be seen as a very good considering every year new talent emerges and Letang gets older each year.

I feel him being in the top fifty of all players is great.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
They listed 3 overrated goalies ahead of him. The list will only get worse.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
If only working out hard and jumping high had anything to do with playing great hockey, we’d be the best team in the league right now ... Gally, Geno, Bjorkqvist workout videos...

I think it is nice to see a player that clearly gives a shit taking over the role of a player that was coasting (albeit to 80+ point seasons) on his natural talent.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Williams leaning towards retirement, that's probably why he hasn't signed anywhere yet.

Huh. Well it's not because he can't still be effective, anyway. Last year was his highest scoring season since 2012(!).

He'd be the perfect vet presence for any team trying to get over the hump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad