Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: GMJR is a (REDACTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Maybe it's a three way deal. :laugh: I hope the next few weeks are just a complete clown show around the league. Lord knows this team doesn't have a whole lot to get excited about, so just give me fireworks by the GMs around the NHL and let's see what happens.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Because I like to assume that JR isn't so dumb that he's going to add a $5 million LD on top of a LD group that already makes $12.5 million spread out among 4 defensemen.

I mean, he literally did it a year ago.

Dumo 4 mil - Letang - 7
Maatta - 4 mil - Schultz 5.5
Pettersson 750k - JJ - 3.25

And he added Gudbranson at 4 mil.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
For people talking about Matheson's term, do you honestly think JR gives a shit? :laugh: Dude's gone next off-season anyway. We'll putter out of the playoffs in the first round, and he'll be fired under the guise of retiring gracefully.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
My favourite is that Kingerski just tweeted the same thing about a glitch 90 minutes later

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I mean, he literally did it a year ago.

Dumo 4 mil - Letang - 7
Maatta - 4 mil - Schultz 5.5
Pettersson 750k - JJ - 3.25

And he added Gudbranson at 4 mil.

There's a big difference between adding Gudbranson at the deadline after Dumoulin and Letang went out with an injury and adding another LD in the off-season to a healthy D group.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Because I like to assume that JR isn't so dumb that he's going to add a $5 million LD on top of a LD group that already makes $12.5 million spread out among 4 defensemen.
tenor.gif

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Love how they always come in and say ‘i can confirm this as well.’ Sometimes after even the team has

Sometimes they try to look like their source wasn’t the twitter of another reporter.

McKenzie: The Penguins are trading Brassard to Florida.
*5 minutes later*
Yohe: I’m hearing from sources that the Penguins are trading derick Brassard to the Florida Panthers.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
He agreed to a trade for a LD that couldn’t make it on a D-needy team. And has one of the longest, worst contracts in the league. And if anyone forgot, he has 3 LDs who make decent $ w/ term and the team’s arguable top prospect is a LD.

There’s no point in trying to make sense of any of this, much less assume that JJ or some other piece is involved. Let’s just hope it doesn’t happen.

Reactions: EightyOne

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
I am officially on the fire JR bandwagon. Haven't been through all this. But this team is screwed beyond repair now. By the time a new GM fixes JR's mess it'll be 2024 and Letang/Crosby/Malkin will all be nearing 40.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I am officially on the fire JR bandwagon. Haven't been through all this. But this team is screwed beyond repair now. By the time a new GM fixes JR's mess it'll be 2024 and Letang/Crosby/Malkin will all be nearing 40.
Even if Matheson has a Daley or Schultz-like surge in his career, I still want JR fired. Because every good move he makes comes on the tail of 4 or 5 questionable to downright awful moves.

That's not good GMing. He's been a rudderless ship since the last Cup win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad