Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: GMJR is a (REDACTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Also what’s the point of a $5m LD when you have $7.25m locked up in Johnson and Pettersson on LD. One of them would have to go.

Wes Mantooth

Jun 4, 2008
Richmond, VA

The local boys last to the party as usual

they had an article yesterday speculating Rust could be traded and Hornqvist would move back into the top six. Also added the Pens had not approached Hornqvist about waiving his No trade clause and the Pens are operating as if he will be on the roster next season. Yesterday

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I’m aware of that. Does this trade make it easier or more difficult extend Marino?
I would say that it doesn't really have much effect on Marino, except for the fact that they will be investing a lot in the bottom 4 D and that may be a problem with trying to surround Crosby and Geno with effective wingers as they age.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Maybe...and I hope to hell this isn't the case...but Maybe JR has another trade set-up to move out Dumo or Petts and then sign Tanev and run with this...

Dumo/Petts - Letang
Matheson - Tanev
JJ - Marino
Riikola- Ruh
POJ - Maniscalco/ blah (also known as Trotman)

I almost puked just writing that.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Maybe...and I hope to hell this isn't the case...but Maybe JR has another trade set-up to move out Dumo or Petts and then sign Tanev and run with this...

Dumo/Petts - Letang
Matheson - Tanev
JJ - Marino
Riikola- Ruh
POJ - Maniscalco/ blah (also known as Trotman)

I almost puked just writing that.
I just don't understand. We signed Riikola and expected him to be our internal JJ replacement. With POJ and Ruhwedel as your reserves, all we needed was a steady #3RD which Tanev can be.

Dumolin-Letang
Petterson-Marino (thank God for him)
Riikola-Tanev
POJ-Ruhwedel

That's a perfectly acceptable defense.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I just don't understand. We signed Riikola and expected him to be our internal JJ replacement. With POJ and Ruhwedel as your reserves, all we needed was a steady #3RD which Tanev can be.

Dumolin-Letang
Petterson-Marino (thank God for him)
Riikola-Tanev
POJ-Ruhwedel

That's a perfectly acceptable defense.
It is acceptable except no matter how much the fans scream and no matter how horrible JJ plays, JR and Sully still seem to support him and give him about 15min or more a game.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Dont forget JR waited all summer for Matt Cullen's retirement decision then dude just goes and signs in Minnesota.

The old man got caught with his pants down and we had to watch Greg McKegg be our 3C. Dumb.
I mean it's kind of like Shero with Hossa. Kind of being told yeah you guys are in the running when the team never was. So I can see how JR got f***ed over too but his response would have given us hope and instead he made a bigger mess of it all.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Alright so it's time to come up with names for the next off season thread.

My vote is for "This is fine"

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
This isnt as bad as some think. 1. They didnt use PH the way they should have. 2. Matheson should be good here. Panthers system is horrible for dmen. His contract doesnt mean much if we are more focused on right now anyway. 3. This has to mean they will move on from JJ. If not in a trade then bury.

What was our biggest issues? The PP. That will change now. The 3rd pair. That gets better. Bottom 6. Which is still something they will look to improve and PH didnt really fit there anyway. He should have stayed in top 6.

Hopefully means we sign a 3C like Haula and call up Poulin. Or it means we will get a forward back for Murray. Or combo of both. A Center for Murray and call up Poulin. 3rd line of the new 3C with McCann and Poulin as the wingers.

Either way we got younger again. Only 3 players over 30...4 if you count JJ. I dont care about length of contract. As long as Matheson plays well, if we need to move him later on then 4.8 mil is not going to prevent them from doing so.

I expect him to be better in Pitt. For some reason Dmen dont do as well in Florida. Even Ekblad ...he should be the best dman in the league right now. Their goalies always faced way too many shots. Even Bobrovsky did bad there who was at least always a solid reg season goalie.

Reactions: 888 98 twins

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
On the list of things to worry about these days, I don't even think that registers on the radar.
:laugh: Well, it should register, because he's Letang's safety net and if his effectiveness tanks and we're forced to play Petts way above his capability, we'll all be calling for Petts' head by this time next year.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Whitney's feet and ankle problems were genetic, he was born with them, Dumo's were sports related, not exactly the same thing.
Does it matter? If Dumo's ankle is boogered up and it affects his skating long-term, it doesn't really matter whether it's an issue of inheriting his grandma's famous weak ankles or if it's from a blocked shot or awkward tumble into the boards.

Dumo's skating facilitates his entire game. If he loses the ability to close gaps quickly or skate pucks out of danger, he's in trouble, and by extension so are the Penguins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->