Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread - Do we really need to pay attention to the alarm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I was going to ask if you would do Rust to Vancouver for Virtanen, but looking at Vancouver's roster, dear lord they have a ton of Rust caliber wingers already. They're spending $25 million combined on Eriksson, Miller, Ferland, Baertschi, Roussel and Pearson, that's hilariously bad for the overall ability of that group.

Really? Aside from Ericsson and Baertschi that’s a pretty solid group of wingers.

I don’t think they add any more cap because their off season signings are already going to kill their cap space in a year or two when Boeser, Petts and Horvat all resign.

For context, only 2 of those 6 wingers scored more non-PP points than Tanev last year.

giphy.gif

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I damn near posted "they signed Pearson!? When did that happen?". Then...I unheld my butt and blood flowed back to head.

Virtanen I would probably do but Im not sure that solves the Pettersson cap room problem.

I think a decent swap would be Fischer with Arizona or Perlini with Chicago (assuming his cost is near the 1mil mark). Then you can send ZAR out alone or with JJ.

You can say that again!

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Do these dummies wanting to trade Rust only want to trade him so they can piss and moan about how we need Rust or a “Rust like player” on this roster?! Oof.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Khelandros

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Might want to clench your cheeks more than that :naughty:

Woah....my forearms are still sore and hands numbs from holding onto my butt so much during the last couple days...something better happen soon so my pain is all worth it...

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Article discussing Schultz and why his situation with the team is a difficult one*

HockeyBuzz.com - Ryan Wilson - The Justin Schultz conundrum

*This is not an endorsement of Ryan Wilson, HockeyBuzz or any of their writers, subsidiaries or advertisers. This is merely placed here for discussion purposes only and fair comment. Any similarities between other posts or comments is merely coincidental

We simply cannot bury Schultz with JJ again this year. It can't happen. Sheltering Gudbranson on the 3rd pair while throwing Schultz to the wolves on the 2nd is idiotic.

Pens need to either acquire another top 4 d (unlikely) or move Pettersson up.

Reactions: Andy99

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I’ve been holding my butt. It’s been a year. I can only sit in grasping-hand shaped seats at this point.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
So JJ for Gusev then...sweet!

This is what Im going to assume forever.

Do these dummies wanting to trade Rust only want to trade him so they can piss and moan about how we need Rust or a “Rust like player” on this roster?! Oof.:rolleyes:

JR could swap Rust and McDavid and people would still find something to bitch about. The entitlement around here with some is nauseating.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Ok...I got it...Marchessault, Holden and Gusev for JJ and Rust...money works out about even not including what Gusev would need to be paid...we still would have to make another trade...

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
And then people here viciously defended Phil Kessel after he nixed the deal. Thanks Phil. But muh ntc rights!!

If we had done that swap though, do we still see the Maatta trade? I think if you do both, you still have to send a guy out. Or maybe you offer Rask to the rest of the league for peanuts. What ifs man...get ya thinkin.

The what ifs on this tweet and his follow up comments go pretty deep

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad