GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap/Free Agency Frenzy GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
It makes me a little sick honestly that we are going to have to sacrifice a good player like Rust to undo this completely avoidable albatross of a contract we gave JJ.

Or, we move picks. Or we retain salary. I dont undersand why a lot of people think JJ needs to be paired with someone to be moved out just because we did it with Hunwick.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It makes me a little sick honestly that we are going to have to sacrifice a good player like Rust to undo this completely avoidable albatross of a contract we gave JJ.

Eh. Imagine being a Chicago fan. Or one of the fans that gets albatross contracts for picks and suck forever.

Boy that's a very quick transition to a position of authority with guys he's close with. Not that I wouldn't want Cullen as an assistant at one point, I just think the dynamic it would create with the current team would be iffy.

Now him talking with a batch of WBS boys who he didn't just finish a season playing with, sure. Assistant in WBS, sure. Replacing Recchi...not that I like Recchi that much, but I think that's a tough sell.

This. Also, get a real coach with experience and an actual new voice.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Part of me says, if you move out JJ+Rust and get a 4th back ala Hunwick+Sheary...thats 6.5+mil to spend. Now most will go to the RFAs but I think it would still open the door to a $2mil guy that doesn't get nabbed.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Rutherford could have made room for Lehner...Gave it all to Tanev......Look fellas once Letang and Schultz gets injured...we are doomed...I know Lehner is good..getting fed up with this team...I believe Crosby and Malkin are going have about enough.

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Rutherford could have made room for Lehner...Gave it all to Tanev......Look fellas once Letang and Schultz gets injured...we are doomed...I know Lehner is good..getting fed up with this team...I believe Crosby and Malkin are going have about enough.

tenor.gif

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
...You know Lehner is a goalie, right?
Ya I had to go check to make sure there wasn't some other Lehner out there other than the goalie that just signed in Chicago because I thought I was going crazy. My head hurts now.

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
Pettersson will be our 2nd pair Ld, idk why people are acting like we need some 6 million dollar top4 dman. They aren’t gunna pay the guy almost 4mil to play on the 3rd pair.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Pettersson will be our 2nd pair Ld, idk why people are acting like we need some 6 million dollar top4 dman. They aren’t gunna pay the guy almost 4mil to play on the 3rd pair.

Well, to start, they're not going to pay him almost 4 mil period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad