GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap/Free Agency Frenzy GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Just telling Like it is ......Matt Cullen anyone.......

I’m assuming Dad is going to retire, right?

I think there was talk about him talking to the org about a FO position? Tell ya what, a player development coordinator like Recchi used to be would be a GREAT job for him. Maybe do for forwards what Gonch was doing with dmen?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Varly is going to sign with the Isles.

Lehner is signing with the Blackhawks...1yr, $5mil...after rejecting a 2yr $5mil per yr deal from the Isles. Not sure his line of thinking there but I think Lehner shot himself in the foot.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
Guentzel Crosby McCann
Tanev Malkin Kahun
Rust Bjugstad Hornqvist
AJ Blueger ZAR

I'm okay with that. Malkins line gets a kick 5 on 5.

McCann clicked with Sid and Jake.

You have to think Bjugstad worked on faceoffs all summer. Rust and Hornqvist play high energy.

I'm not overly sold on Hornqvist still fitting in. He does nothing away from Sid and hes 6 mill. I think there would be a good market for him if he was dangled on the trade market.

Reactions: ownal

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Guentzel Crosby McCann
Tanev Malkin Kahun
Rust Bjugstad Hornqvist
AJ Blueger ZAR

You have to think Bjugstad worked on faceoffs all summer. Rust and Hornqvist play high energy.

I'm not overly sold on Hornqvist still fitting in. He does nothing away from Sid and hes 6 mill. I think there would be a good market for him if he was dangled on the trade market.

You forgot Chucky.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Varly is going to sign with the Isles.

Lehner is signing with the Blackhawks...1yr, $5mil...after rejecting a 2yr $5mil per yr deal from the Isles. Not sure his line of thinking there but I think Lehner shot himself in the foot.
See what I mean that guy is washed up.....defensemen like him now are at best bottom pairing worth about 3.5 mil or 4 mil

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
I think there was talk about him talking to the org about a FO position? Tell ya what, a player development coordinator like Recchi used to be would be a GREAT job for him. Maybe do for forwards what Gonch was doing with dmen?

I’d be ok with that but I guess it would be up to the rest of his family.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I’d be ok with that but I guess it would be up to the rest of his family.

What do you think his kids would say? ;)

I know what I'd tell my dad! That said, if he's in WBS/Pit here and there, it's possible for the family to live in Minnesota.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
You guys whined and complained when Rutherford overpaid a pretty good young player Tanev....But you won’t whine and complain over these ridiculous overpaid defensemen...Like Justin Shultz...

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Guentzel Crosby McCann
Tanev Malkin Kahun
Rust Bjugstad Hornqvist
AJ Blueger ZAR

You might want to study the stats on Hornqvist away from Sid. Malkin has great stats with him and the 3rd line does well when he’s there. Also 5.3 mil

Fun fact: only guy to play with JJ and get him into the good advanced stats numbers
Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick

Last edited:
Reactions: Hamurai

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
You guys whined and complained when Rutherford overpaid a pretty good young player Tanev....But you won’t whine and complain over these ridiculous overpaid defensemen...Like Juistin Shultz...

Okay, come on man...the jig is up. You had us going for awhile but you slipped when calling Lehner a washed up third pairing dman.

Now you can't spell either of the Schultzmeister's names correctly. Stop man...get some help.

Reactions: Hamurai

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You guys whined and complained when Rutherford overpaid a pretty good young player Tanev....But you won’t whine and complain over these ridiculous overpaid defensemen...Like Justin Shultz...
Shultz had a longer track record and a better overall resume. He also took a 1.4 mil one year ''show me'' deal and THEN got the big money.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
It makes me a little sick honestly that we are going to have to sacrifice a good player like Rust to undo this completely avoidable albatross of a contract we gave JJ.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

I’d prefer he takes Recchi’s assistant spot rn...Recchi looks like he’s not doing anything with it and we could use a calming presence behind Sully...

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Okay, come on man...the jig is up. You had us going for awhile but you slipped when calling Lehner a washed up third pairing dman.

Now you can't spell either of the Schultzmeister's names correctly. Stop man...get some help.
Well I cannot figure out how the Penguins don’t see how bad defensemen stink...Diehard Pens fan....I seen far better trade ideas from some of the people in chat board...Of course they would need to work the phone lines at home..lol it so true..

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Well I cannot figure out how the Penguins don’t see how bad defensemen stink...Diehard Pens fan....I seen far better trade ideas from some of the people in chat board...Of course they would need to work the phone lines at home..lol it so true..

Go look up Lehner and Varlamov and come back to me when you've found your issue calling one or both washed up 3rd pairing dmen.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I’d prefer he takes Recchi’s assistant spot rn...Recchi looks like he’s not doing anything with it and we could use a calming presence behind Sully...

Boy that's a very quick transition to a position of authority with guys he's close with. Not that I wouldn't want Cullen as an assistant at one point, I just think the dynamic it would create with the current team would be iffy.

Now him talking with a batch of WBS boys who he didn't just finish a season playing with, sure. Assistant in WBS, sure. Replacing Recchi...not that I like Recchi that much, but I think that's a tough sell.

Reactions: Peat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad