GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap/Free Agency Frenzy GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Is this for all news now? Or just Pens?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
giphy.gif

Reactions: OnMyOwn and Doogle

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Imaging seriously thinking that having 1 bad defenseman playing 15 minutes a night sinks their season.

May not sink the season - but playoff series' are often won and lost by inches. Guess we'll see. Not expecting him to be dealt at this point (probably would have happened before the draft if it could happen) - but I do expect to watch him push someone into Murray as the puck crosses the line in OT to send us packing next Summer.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Williams would be good
Yeah. That seems like something I could really get behind.
Did he announce that, or is it speculation?
No but he met with JR, Guerin, and Morehouse last night so there's speculation that he's looking for a scouting/coaching job.
Who in this class would have any clout like that though?

That’s what makes me less worried because dude is a straight Keystone Kop...
As others have said, Williams might be that guy. Seems like a JR move. But like Emp said, he might not be in our price range.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Okay.

Anyway, if the Penguins do want to add a 2-way bottom-6 forward who brings leadership, I'm praying it's Williams and I'd also be fine with Pominville.

Sabre fans have been pretty adamant Poms is toast.

Williams is the ideal signing if you want skill and clout in the room. I’d imagine lots of contenders will be chasing him though...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
May not sink the season - but playoff series' are often won and lost by inches. Guess we'll see. Not expecting him to be dealt at this point (probably would have happened before the draft if it could happen) - but I do expect to watch him push someone into Murray as the puck crosses the line in OT to send us packing next Summer.

I'll make a bet now: Johnson is a healthy scratch by the time the playoffs roll around for Riikola.

Sabre fans have been pretty adamant Poms is toast.

Williams is the ideal signing if you want skill and clout in the room. I’d imagine lots of contenders will be chasing him though...

Pominville's analytics are pretty good though, so I'm not sure about that. He also may just be burned out from playing for a laughing stock.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

In which case, the time to panic about it is not now, but the trade deadline.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Tyler Ennis would also be a good vet signing...still don’t think we need one though...

Edit...if the FO still thinks our core at age 32-33 needs a calming influence in the room, then God help us...

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Yeah. That seems like something I could really get behind.

No but he met with JR, Guerin, and Morehouse last night so there's speculation that he's looking for a scouting/coaching job.
As others have said, Williams might be that guy. Seems like a JR move. But like Emp said, he might not be in our price range.

Cullen as a coach would be fantastic. Hope to keep him around in some capacity... Sid and Geno seem to have tons of respect and admiration for the guy so could help the trials and tribulations during the season.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I'll make a bet now: Johnson is a healthy scratch by the time the playoffs roll around for Riikola.

Pominville's analytics are pretty good though, so I'm not sure about that. He also may just be burned out from playing for a laughing stock.

For the whole series, or just game 1? Odds are gonna be different.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Poms seems like too much of a risk to me.

Williams won a cup with JR like Cullen... wonder if there is a good relationship there that could pay off...

Reactions: Shady Machine

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Whole series, he'll be firmly pushed out of the healthy defense by Riikola.

I'm willing to bet - but let's put it off until we figure out who we'll be playing (if we even make the PO's).

It would be unfair if we end up playing a Columbus team that has no business being there and Sully uses him for his alleged physicality- not a bet I'd be proud of winning. Assuming we play any team that looks strong - I'll still take you up on the bet. If/when we lose game 1, I could absolutely see them putting the dud back in the lineup.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Call me a deluded optimist, but if Johnson is stinking up the joint again next season he doesn't make it to the playoffs as a first choice guy. No way.

Reactions: Empoleon8771
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->