GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap/Free Agency Frenzy GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Pettersson will be our 2nd pair Ld, idk why people are acting like we need some 6 million dollar top4 dman. They aren’t gunna pay the guy almost 4mil to play on the 3rd pair.
I'm high on Petts, but he also has 1 NHL season under his belt. It's a lot to ask of him to step into a top 4 role on a team that is presumably trying to win the Cup. Plus, if they can afford it, why wouldn't you want better defensemen?

If they signed Gardiner or someone like that, and Petts shows he's ready for a top 4 role down the line, then trade Gardiner. JR just can't give him a restrictive NTC.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Who is that one guy the Calgary Flames use to have..Was a real good defensemen I think.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Not having a respectable farm system that can actually produce NHL players causes you to sign a bottom six forward to a 6 year deal.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
I don’t who I’m thinking of....Maybe it was Guy Lafleur But He surely was no defensemen........Way way back.

Chili Goal

Professor of Goonism
May 27, 2009
Rust is most likely gone.

It wouldn't make much sense to invest that contract into Tanev and keep Rust. My guess is they package Rust and Johnson for a defenseman. Perhaps they're working on a package for Zucker, in that case, you can assume a 1st round pick or prospect will be included.

while it'd be great to add Zucker, this team, with this defense, in this division absolutely should not be parting with a '20 1st. I know you're not advocating for that, but the odds we don't make the playoff next year are pretty close to 50%.

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
while it'd be great to add Zucker, this team, with this defense, in this division absolutely should not be parting with a '20 1st. I know you're not advocating for that, but the odds we don't make the playoff next year are pretty close to 50%.

Well it's going to be Rust or Bjugstad.

There might be a chance they just use either as incentive for a team to take on Johnson's contract, similar to what they did with Sheary and Hunwick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad