Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap - Bargain Bin Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
I’d be more concerned about the Craps if they got Kreider than Dillon.

The thought of Kreider and Wilson on the same line :wally:

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Friedman speculated during the intermission that the Pens might look at bringing Sheary back. I stress the word speculated, I don't believe he intended to indicate that he had a source on this one. Just thinks it might be a fit.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Friedman speculated during the intermission that the Pens might look at bringing Sheary back. I stress the word speculated, I don't believe he intended to indicate that he had a source on this one. Just thinks it might be a fit.

Yeah, I thought Burke immediately jumping in to say "Nope!" when Friedman was asked if JR was done was more telling. Felt like a guy that knows what an old buddy has cooking, but isn't allowed to talk about it.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Suck it Friedman

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Also interesting to see how many are not getting what the initial reported ask was.

For Dillon it was supposedly a 2nd + a top prospect/decent prospect, he went for a 2nd and a 3rd (conditional).

I would have liked that one for us

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I would have liked that one for us
Yeah, originally I think it was supposed to be the ask being a 2nd and a prospect, then it was two 2nds (Douglas Murray special) and then it ended up being a 2nd and a 3rd + conditional.

I like Dillon's grit, he's as close to a LHD version of Guds that we all kind of wanted.

Now it looks like Martinez to the VGK is imminent.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I kind of want to see LA really blow it up and rebuild, that team has so many damn good prospects that getting by with a skeleton crew and some young guys that are ready now, would be kind of fun to watch and is the best way to really erase that slow big and sluggish style that they've been trying to get away from in the Sutter era.

That means still moving guys that are tough to see go like - Kopitar, Doughty, Quick, and even Carter and Brown if possible.

Pearson
Toffoli
Campbell
Martinez*

They should go all in on the exodus.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So it looks like the market is set for rental defensemen at a 2nd + a 3rd/4th round pick. I wonder if JR dangles Schultz when Marino is set to be back, I think I would to get assets in a deal that he has set up to land a F + D that fixes that gap right away. I don't think Justin Schultz has done a lick of anything positive since he's been back.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't know the Pens relationship with Carolina but I would LOVE to see this team go after Foegele and one of Edmundson or Van Riemsdyk depending on them dumping Schultz which side they need.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I still think the Pens best move is going to be bringing in a bottom six guy who is lights out on faceoffs and can block shots well... Pageau is out of our price range but there are other options

If they upgraded shultz I would not shed a tear but that isn’t happening

if they brought in one more top six forward I wouldn’t be disappointed either. We don’t have real great depth there.

i fear that we will just get a bargin bin defender as insurance and a cheap “Gritty physical bottom six” guy because they always want that guy despite him typically being useless

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
I still want Foligno. He can play in a Caps/Bruins series.
Foligno is not available. Billy wants to keep him.

I don't know the Pens relationship with Carolina but I would LOVE to see this team go after Foegele and one of Edmundson or Van Riemsdyk depending on them dumping Schultz which side they need.
Always like Edmundson (believe he might be able to play both sides)

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Foligno is not available. Billy wants to keep him.

Always like Edmundson (believe he might be able to play both sides)
I think this team likes the handedness bit, so I think it comes down to if the Canes want to/can keep either or between TVR and Edmundson. Either one would be a fantastic add to the Pens.

Foegele is what we wish ZAR was.

Useful.

DRAGO 18

Jan 17, 2006
Pittsburgh
I know y'all are gonna hate this but what about Wayne Simmonds in the 4th line LW spot? You know JR has been linked to him before and what that means...

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
Id like Rutherford to inquire about Pageau to play on Sid's RW. I'd be willing to give Legare and a draft pick for 2021 for him.

Running the following lines:

Zucker - Sid - Pageau
Kahun - Geno - Rust
McCann - Bluegar - Tanev
Simon - Lafferty - Horny
Bjugstad/ZAR

Dumo - Letang
Petts - Marino
Johnson - Rikola
Rude

In such a scenario we keep our D the way it is. If Jake can make it back, we put him on Geno's line and move Kahun to the 4th. Due to injuries, I believe we have about 3.7 million in space currently.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
People should aim lower, Pens assets for a bigger trade are pretty slim right now, unless JR removes someone for a pick and then packages it or a prospect with a player, I don't see a lot of heavily sought after rentals or players being on the radar. I hope JR makes something happen. I still would love to get Miles Wood on this roster, his game would fit so well on the Pens.

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
I know y'all are gonna hate this but what about Wayne Simmonds in the 4th line LW spot? You know JR has been linked to him before and what that means...
His game has just fallen off a cliff the past two years. Horny does everything he did/does better and hes on the 3rd/4th line most nights. I don't see the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad