Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap - Bargain Bin Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Jack Johnson and Nick Bjugstad for Cale Makar, who says no?

Colorado regretfully inform us that they cannot afford to take on an extra contract or excess cap, and that therefore they can only do this deal if they also include Landeskog, but are prepared to add a pick to compensate for this.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Colorado regretfully inform us that they cannot afford to take on an extra contract or excess cap, and that therefore they can only do this deal if they also include Landeskog, but are prepared to add a pick to compensate for this.
I find that deal rather hard to believe actually.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
If JR eyed F's, wonder if Namestnikov would still be doable.
Probably cost a B/C level prospect and a 3rd at most.

Zucker-Sid-Kahun/Simon
Namestnikov-G-Rust
Simon/Kahun-McCann-Horny
BART

Again, as said before, he's good defensively and has history of producing with elite talent.
Also a UFA so no cap tied up for next season and OTT is probably 100% willing to deal him cuz he's likely walking at the end of the season.
ETA: Also a regular PK'er.
While everyone else pays large for Krieder, Toffoli, Smith etc. we can swoop in for a really nice pickup on the cheap or cheaper.

This would be if another long term F injury happens and/or Bjugs is still out 48 hours before the deadline.

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I did watch that Ottawa game and man Namestnikov looked awesome. :laugh: Typically he looks very vanilla. Just one of those games he was so f***ing noticeable.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Jack Johnson and Nick Bjugstad for Cale Makar, who says no?

df78412159b288d1f5064b8123075ece.png

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

ETA:
I'll also post any scout list tweets i see this time of year:

I realize we play them next so could be nuttin'.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Interview with Rutherford in the Athletic today. Not a lot of detail, but Rutherford's repeated the "Won't know where he is until 48 hours before due to injury" line.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
The entire front office contracts laryngitis, no trades forthcoming due to inability to actually speak on the phone.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
From Sean McIndoe's 'Grab Bag: Trade deadline rumors...' article on The Athletic:

Minnesota Wild: Just acquired Alex Galchenyuk a few days ago, so are probably mainly focused on trading away Alex Galchenyuk.

:laugh:

Edit: Upon further reading. The article is absolutely full of shade. Most of it is pretty good stuff lol

Reactions: Hamurai and Turin

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No, I think JR means that he won't know if he's going to add a defenseman at the deadline due to Dumoulin's and Marino's injuries until right before the deadline. He wants to see how they progress in the next few weeks before deciding if he wants to add another defenseman.

I do think he will add another depth forward, probably closer to the deadline as well, but that's what I think he was referring to.

Reactions: Hamurai

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
He being Rutherford. He needs more up to date injury news before he goes shopping. Or so he says...

Doesn’t one only have to see that Dumo is still not on the ice long past projections for his return to be worried...at least about how effective he’ll be upon return....that in and of itself should be screaming “trade for a depth LD now” don’t you think?

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
No, I think JR means that he won't know if he's going to add a defenseman at the deadline due to Dumoulin's and Marino's injuries until right before the deadline. He wants to see how they progress in the next few weeks before deciding if he wants to add another defenseman.

I do think he will add another depth forward, probably closer to the deadline as well, but that's what I think he was referring to.

it’s 10 days from the deadline...not weeks...and if he wants 48 hours before that, then that’s a week from now...what is going to learn about Dumo in that time? The dude is not skating weeks past estimates for his return...that should raise at least concerns about his effectiveness when he returns sufficient to trade for a depth D man you would think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad