Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap - Bargain Bin Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yes, apparently @KIRK shoved a horseshoe up his derriere. We all need to be appreciative of Kirk's dedication to the team and this board.

images

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
With tight cap and so many teams still in the hunt, I was sure the TDL would be limited in trades. I think I posted to early. I haven't seen so many number two picks being given out since Ray Shero was trading them. GMJR is thinking he has time to see who can come back before making a move but the pickens may be small by then.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The sellers are making out like bandits.
Also interesting to see how many are not getting what the initial reported ask was.

For Dillon it was supposedly a 2nd + a top prospect/decent prospect, he went for a 2nd and a 3rd (conditional).

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Isn’t Dillon one half of the d pairing the Pens just murdered all series in 2016?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Dillon's a big get for WSH.
Their G'ing has been shaky tho but Dillon pushing Jensen, Sigenthaler down is great for that D.

And with Scandella gone too, it's real simple for JR, see what Riikola has. All you need to do at this point.
Feed him more minutes/responsibility.

See Namest is supposedly to be moved tonight as well...

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Schultz for Haula
Vats+Palmieri here for 2021 1st+Bjorkqvist+Bjugstad+2021 3rd

The cap? Oh, all those guys are at 50%.

Zucker-Sid-Palmieri
Kahun-Malkin-Rust
Tanev-Haula-Hornqvist
Simon-McCann-Bleuger

Dumo-Letang
Petts-Marino
Riikola-Vatanen

Reactions: Andy99

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Was'nt he looking for a vet bottom sixer tho? You probably know better than me tho..
I won’t say never, because no one loves making moves more than JR, but my sense is, he has no targets. He’s in a holding pattern on defence, waiting for an update on Dumo. But with the run on D, I’m sorta wondering if that’s off the table, too.

Reactions: Andy99 and LiffLaff

TheNorthPenguin

Oct 25, 2019
Honestly, if JR was ever considering moving Schultz, he gets a deal done for a d-man now (next day or two) and hold onto JS until closer to the deadline. Lots of D moving out and someone may get desperate for a vet D with lots of playoff experience in the waining days. Would love to see a Vats/Wood package, but the return would probably be rather large.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I won’t say never, because no one loves making moves more than JR, but my sense is, he has no targets. He’s in a holding pattern on defence, waiting for an update on Dumo. But with the run on D, I’m sorta wondering if that’s off the table, too.

I'm now sad with this news

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
Yeah, with all the trades today, and Martinez most likly going to Vegas, does'nt seem to be much left to choose from on D..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad