Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
There seems to be a lot of different opinions on how quick he is or not, which could make a huge difference. I agree he's a pretty unknown quantity, but the potential there is exciting.

I also think having him, and Poulin and Legare, and Bjorkqvist as an effectively new player, and probably Lindgren and Almari back too, might help explain why we've got no NCAA UFAs for once. I recall someone saying Hextall saying they were in on a small amount and it not working out, but for the first time in a while we're actually taking a lot of prospects into WBS and the need/room for those College guys is a lot less.

you also have doc roberts Gruden and zohorna who are still decent prospects. Zorhona would be in wbs if not for covid protocol.

Poulin
Legare
Kasper
Puustinen
Doc
Roberts
Zohorna
Gruden

That should make up most of wbs top 9 unless any make the big squad out of camp.

it may not be much but that’s the best group of forward prospects since rust sheary and co.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
you also have doc roberts Gruden and zohorna who are still decent prospects. Zorhona would be in wbs if not for covid protocol.

Poulin
Legare
Kasper
Puustinen
Doc
Roberts
Zohorna
Gruden

That should make up most of wbs top 9 unless any make the big squad out of camp.

it may not be much but that’s the best group of forward prospects since rust sheary and co.
I wouldn't write off Bellerive yet, he seems to have a decent season this year and still 22.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Val d'Or started the second round of the playoffs against Rimouski this afternoon with a 6-2 win. Poulin (2+0) and Legare (1+1) were the first two stars. Game 2 is tomorrow. Highlights here:

LHJMQ – Incluant la couverture en direct des matchs, des clips audio et vidéo nouvelles exclusives, billets, statistiques, classements, horaires et autres.

cool that Poulin got the first 2 as well. Shows he came read to play. I think its awesome those two are playing together. I hope they win it all and come to camp with confidence.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Reactions: Darren McCord

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Nice highlights. First clip is him taking a big hit, then scores 2 that are the type of goals he’ll be needing to score in the pros, and almost had a 3rd later.

I’m all aboard trying him at C in the AHL. Especially with how strong he his on faceoffs- we already know other aspects that apply to being center like defensive play and puck distribution are good.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Un-stickied the thread, as per instructions from higher ups. They want each board easy to scroll through during the playoffs. It will be put back up with the busier threads after the playoffs. :nod:

I just have threads on ignore I don’t want to discuss. My front HF Pens page is very neat and tidy. A bit of OCD on my part :laugh:

Reactions: Gallatin and BHD

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I watched about the first 10 minutes of the Val d'Or game. Poulin and Legare didn't do anything of note. But I also think Poulin didn't win any faceoffs.

Anyway, Gruden now my favorite prospect.

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Val D'Or win 3-0. Legare had the first goal. Saw the last 10, both had some real dangerous moments.

@Gumbercules feels like Val D'Or are a level ahead of most of the Q - are there any teams you're expecting them to have a bit more difficulty facing than the first two rounds?

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I watched about the first 10 minutes of the Val d'Or game. Poulin and Legare didn't do anything of note. But I also think Poulin didn't win any faceoffs.

Anyway, Gruden now my favorite prospect.
Gruden had a nice Gordie Howe hat trick last night. Never had much of an opinion about him, but I'm starting to see some big league potential.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
I just have threads on ignore I don’t want to discuss. My front HF Pens page is very neat and tidy. A bit of OCD on my part :laugh:

I do the same, plus I'm over 100 Ignores here, pretty much stick with the old guard that knows hockey, that doesn't constantly criticize, complain, and whine like children. Turned this board into the best I've ever seen on the Internet honestly.

Reactions: CrosbyMalkin

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Val D'Or win 3-0. Legare had the first goal. Saw the last 10, both had some real dangerous moments.

@Gumbercules feels like Val D'Or are a level ahead of most of the Q - are there any teams you're expecting them to have a bit more difficulty facing than the first two rounds?

It will be really good for Poulin and Legare to be part of this team's playoffs. If they can be a big part of them winning it all they will come in with a ton of confidence into training camp.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007

Chicoutimi has a very strong team (Mercer, Lapierre, Kniazev) with a good goalie, and could definitely give Val d'Or a run.

Charlottetown is a wild card. Good team, but haven't had any real competition this year, so hard to say how good. They have a lot of guys that may not go on to NHL careers, but are very good junior players.

Some potential bad news today however, there is a possible COVID case for Rimouski. Not many details yet, but obviously an outbreak could shut things down again. Update: VDO/Rim game tomorrow is postponed.

Reactions: Giskard and Peat

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Poulin leading his team with 5 goals in the playoffs so far! 5 in 5 so far and 2nd in points with 7 points. Cajkovic has 4 goals and 4 assists and Pelletier has 3 goals and 4 assists. Robidas has 2 goals and 5 assists. Looks like it will be between those 4 who will be the leader in the end. Good to see Poulin is fighting for the best playoff player on the best junior team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad