Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Phillips is still hurt, Caulfield’s team didn’t play and none of the others recorded a point... except Gorman who had a 2 point game. 2A, +1, 2 shots. 1 was an assist on a SHG and one was with the extra attacker on.

ETA, pretty sure these are the goals.

Primary assist.

Secondary assist.

All hail Liam Gorman, the destroyer of his doubters. Future 1C.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
The question of his development will be more on his gaining needed size and strength. But he is young and can add that over the next few years. I think Letang was probably about his build at 18 give or take a inch or so and say 5 to 10 pounds. His main assets is puck movement which Pens really don't have in the system.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Addison will just need to get comfortable.
Kinda reminds me of Samuel Girard in alot of ways.
He'll never be an ace defender but he'll help alot in making smart outlets and on the offense.
Girard just needed to get comfy playing vs men then he was fine and isn't an aces defender but is played cuz of his other skills that help drive possession/offense.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Poulin picked up another PP assist yesterday. Nearly identical to his helper on Saturday. Not 100% sure, but don’t think he’s had an ES point in 3 games?

Statistically, regardless of what you think of the Q, he’s pacing his other highly drafted peers by a decent margin. Numbers on par with previous high picks/prospects too. I don’t think that necessarily means he’s the best offensive prospect in the league besides Lafreniere, but there’s no way it’s a bad thing.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The question of his development will be more on his gaining needed size and strength. But he is young and can add that over the next few years. I think Letang was probably about his build at 18 give or take a inch or so and say 5 to 10 pounds. His main assets is puck movement which Pens really don't have in the system.

His skating will make up for the size and strength so he could make it quicker as long as his awareness holds up.

Start in the AHL and if he does well he’ll get a shot depending on roster/injuries

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If I was being picky I’d like to see Addison continue to work on his skating. When you’re 5’10” it really can’t ever be good enough. Ty Smith, similarly aged, sized and styled prospect was (I thought) noticeably more fluid and mobile and I’m guessing that’s part of why he was picked much higher?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Heh. Is what it is.
Having Marino made Addison pretty expendable if another team wanted him that badly.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'd move him for Palmieri (!) but I think JR has his big "get".

Speaking of which, this has to tilt the odds of Poulin making the team from camp next year down a solid amount. Unless things go wrong big time, there's only one top 6 spot left, and a slew of guys who could fill it/make the third line very good. I guess its likely some guys will go too but until we know exactly who, can't exactly forecast it'll be wingers.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Speaking of which, this has to tilt the odds of Poulin making the team from camp next year down a solid amount. Unless things go wrong big time, there's only one top 6 spot left, and a slew of guys who could fill it/make the third line very good. I guess its likely some guys will go too but until we know exactly who, can't exactly forecast it'll be wingers.

Yeah. Unless he absolutely blows the doors off, Poulin won't be a roster regular until after the Seattle culling.

Reactions: Peat

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There is too much that can happen between now and the start of the 2020 season, saying that there's no way that Poulin will be on the NHL team next year isn't fair. The Penguins are about $6.5 million over a projected $83.5 million cap, something has to give there. If they pick Murray over Jarry, it's very realistic to say that one of McCann, Kahun, Simon or Zucker (doubtful but I suppose possible) will also have to be moved. They run into even more problems if they can't move Bjustad.

There is potentially an opening on the 3rd line for Poulin depending on what the Penguins do with their salary cap situation. I don't think it's a given at all that the Zucker trade makes him less likely to make the team next year. Not only that, but the 19 year old CHL rule change may be implemented, which may make Poulin a later in the year call-up.

Reactions: Dominance

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
There is too much that can happen between now and the start of the 2020 season, saying that there's no way that Poulin will be on the NHL team next year isn't fair. The Penguins are about $6.5 million over a projected $83.5 million cap, something has to give there. If they pick Murray over Jarry, it's very realistic to say that one of McCann, Kahun, Simon or Zucker (doubtful but I suppose possible) will also have to be moved. They run into even more problems if they can't move Bjustad.

There is potentially an opening on the 3rd line for Poulin depending on what the Penguins do with their salary cap situation. I don't think it's a given at all that the Zucker trade makes him less likely to make the team next year. Not only that, but the 19 year old CHL rule change may be implemented, which may make Poulin a later in the year call-up.

There's not "no way", he would just have to have an extraordinary camp to make a deep team with a demanding coach while he still has junior eligibility.

I'd be shocked. Pleasantly shocked.

I'd like to see how Poulin carries the load in Sherbrooke after Voyer and Robert move on.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad