Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I know it's a ways off, but I'm looking forward to seeing which of our prospects make their WJC teams.

Hallander, Bellerive, Almeida, Addison...we've got a few with a good shot this year. Curious to see how they fare against the best in the world.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I know it's a ways off, but I'm looking forward to seeing which of our prospects make their WJC teams.

Hallander, Bellerive, Almeida, Addison...we've got a few with a good shot this year. Curious to see how they fare against the best in the world.

Hallander will make it.

I’d say that maybe one of the 3 Canadians make their team, but I don’t really like any of their chances individually.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Hallander will make it.

I’d say that maybe one of the 3 Canadians make their team, but I don’t really like any of their chances individually.

Possible. I'm counting on Bellerive picking up the pace as he puts the fire incident behind him, and I think Addison has a solid chance. Almeida's a long shot.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
An often forgotten big man who we don't see/talk about much having a great 2nd game tonight.

Been basically a purely defensive C there but it'd be nice if he put up a nice bump in numbers this season.

ETA:

D'Orio's trying his darndest...

Only highlights in a 4-0 loss is all D'Orio.

Last edited:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Hållander 2 assists today. Ripping up shl at the age of 18.

tenor.gif

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Bellerive with 2 goals and Addison with 2 assists in a 6-3 win over Kootenay.

Apparently there was an Athletic story from Pronman citing Lethbridge dissatisfaction with Addison and saying he'd been demoted to the 3rd pairing and taken off the PP while they worked through it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Both primary assists started by a dedicated forecheck. Beautiful.

It'd be too perfect if this guy was ready to take over for Hags next year.
Never say never. He's playing in the top league in his country and he's doing the right things and if he continues to progress, he could surprise all of us.

He had 20pts in 40 games in Timra last year (not SHL) and has 6pts in 8 games so far this year in the SHL. I mean, damn. If he continues the pace he's on, he's definitely getting a look next year.

Also, I love the number #91, I don't recall a Pens player ever wearing that and I liked Fedorov.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warm Cookies

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Hallander and Bellerive gonna give the Pens an extra push at the cup when they are ready. Assuming they reach their potential. They are higher end guys than ZAR, Simon, etc...even Rust who made an impact but wasnt considered this type of prospect at this same age.

We need a Sharks situation. Thornton and Marleau got older but drafted guys like Couture(Guentzel) , and others who stepped up to get them to the cup. Crosby and Malkin on a different level than Thornton/Marleau so if Guentzel keeps this up to go with Sprong, Bellerive, and Hallander we should see our window extended.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’d be surprised if he keeps his current pace but even if he matches his production from last season, in a better league, that’d be a successful post-draft season to me.

Reactions: Warm Cookies

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Is there a site that has NCAA game stats in real time? USCHO.com is f***ing garbage now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad