Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
[stomping my feet between each word] Future. So. Bright. Gotta. Wear. Shades.
Lxc8uTC.gif

Reactions: BladeRunner66

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
NCAA season started over the weekend and Clayton Phillips got off to a hot start with 4 assists in two games. Secondary assist to his teams only goal in the first game and three primary assists last night as his team scored seven goals.

He's a guy to keep an eye on for current D prospects(him, Addison and Almari probably have the most potential with a maybe on Lauzon if he ever gets back on track). He had a blazing start in the USHL last season before immediately jumping up in competition early to a good NCAA team. Good to see he seems to be getting comfortable there to start.

Reactions: Vujtek

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Drozg also had a good weekend with a goal and 3A in 2 games. The Cataractes only scored 6 goals that week too. Please let him be traded.

Reactions: BladeRunner66

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Drozg also had a good weekend with a goal and 3A in 2 games. The Cataractes only scored 6 goals that week too. Please let him be traded.

He's leading his team in points (which is to be expected) but a trade to a contender would be great for him. Cataractes were one of the two worst teams in the QMJHL last year and look on course to be so again.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Getting traded as a Euro can be tricky, as teams only have two Euro slots and most contenders already have those slots filled. Couple of teams could look to trade away a younger Euro for a more experienced Drozg, but i suspect that wouldn't occur until the trade deadline once teams have a sense of how their teams are shaping up.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Getting traded as a Euro can be tricky, as teams only have two Euro slots and most contenders already have those slots filled. Couple of teams could look to trade away a younger Euro for a more experienced Drozg, but i suspect that wouldn't occur until the trade deadline once teams have a sense of how their teams are shaping up.
f*** that sucks!

I've been advocating for Drozg to be liberated for so long (even though it's just been last season and this one), that this rule makes me wanna puke for him.

Tabarnak!:mad:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
NCAA season started over the weekend and Clayton Phillips got off to a hot start with 4 assists in two games. Secondary assist to his teams only goal in the first game and three primary assists last night as his team scored seven goals.
Damn. I caught 1 Minnesota game after he joined them last season but he barely played and I hardly noticed him. Hard to judge an 18 y/o trying to adapt to the NCAA in mid-season though.

PAJEN NORDGREN

Jul 23, 2018
Stockholm
Almari seems to be playing less for his Liiga team in the beginning of this season than in the end of last season. Last season he was fifth in games played amongst d-men, so far this season he's been the seventh defender. And I don't think he's been injured? Not the development we want to see...

Palojärvi is his team's ninth most used d-man. But that is more expected, since it's his first taste of senior hockey.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Is anyone near Hämeenlinna that can pay the team a visit and bump him up the depth chart?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Is anyone near Hämeenlinna that can pay the team a visit and bump him up the depth chart?

Easy there Tonya.

Almari seems to be playing less for his Liiga team in the beginning of this season than in the end of last season. Last season he was fifth in games played amongst d-men, so far this season he's been the seventh defender. And I don't think he's been injured? Not the development we want to see...

Palojärvi is his team's ninth most used d-man. But that is more expected, since it's his first taste of senior hockey.

I'm happy with Palojarvi just getting to the men's team and putting up good junior numbers. Almari stalling (already got two U20 games so I doubt he's injured) isn't ideal but I don't think its a gigantic deal right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad