Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Don't know if this was noted anywhere, but despite going undrafted last year, Bellerive scored more regular season goals (46) in junior this year than any 2017 draftee.

Pretty cool. Too bad he's not eligible to play in the AHL next year.

Reactions: AverageJoeFan

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Great first game for Gustavsson in the AHL. Made 37 saves and only allowed 2 goals. Maybe we should've kept him and sent Jarry to Ottawa instead.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Don't know if this was noted anywhere, but despite going undrafted last year, Bellerive scored more regular season goals (46) in junior this year than any 2017 draftee.

I think he'll probably be joining WBS within the next few days, but yeah, he can't play in the AHL to start next year.

Edit: for some reason, I thought his team sucked and they missed the playoffs. They apparently made it and they're up 2-0 in their 1st round series. He has 2 goals and 4 points in 2 games so far, Lethbridge has been scoring at will in this round. 8-3 and 6-0 wins in the playoffs so far.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009

Someone said in the last thread that since be wasnt drafted, that he is eligible to play in the AHL.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Someone said in the last thread that since be wasnt drafted, that he is eligible to play in the AHL.

That's not true, I don't see any rule that makes me think that. The rule is just that if a player is under 20 and a CHL team owns their rights, they can't be sent to the AHL.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Guerin on Sturtz : “I haven’t seen too many kids play the game harder than him at the college level.”

Guerin on Berger : “He’s turned into a really solid two-way player”

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think that article was mainly about guys the Pens have had at camp in the past.

A couple people here have been pretty high on him.

Haven't seen him, but one of the last things Sexton said as head Pens scout was that Almari would play in Pittsburgh - throw in that and plenty of time in a men's league, and I'm as high on him as I can be based on internet scuttlebutt.

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
I think that article was mainly about guys the Pens have had at camp in the past.

Haven't seen him, but one of the last things Sexton said as head Pens scout was that Almari would play in Pittsburgh - throw in that and plenty of time in a men's league, and I'm as high on him as I can be based on internet scuttlebutt.
Can't really find video on him except an interview of some sorts. Judging from stats in HPK more of a stay at home D man?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Still crowded at forward. Should see some trades in the offseason for picks or dmen.

Blueger and Sprong ready next year(are this year imo but blocked).

Next wave coming in are Ohlund, Bellerive, Drozg, and Bjorkqvist.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA

I feel like this is all anyone has on him. I don't remember reading any scouting reports or observations of him here? Statistically, he is essentially unchanged between last season and this one (other than more games played in the big league). Until someone actually watched him among (potential) NHL competition, it's difficult to get too excited about him.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I have heard nothing but good things about Almari, I'm excited for him. I'll trust their words over stat watching for Liiga games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->