Pittsburgh Penguins on Twitter

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
My cat used to smile and lick its lips any time birds flew onto the porch. So yes, Brooks is smiling.

It's based on how central to the team they are, I think. Crosby and Malkin are at the center, Fleury and Letang are on the next tier of stardom, and Orpik and Staal are core players, but not quite stars.

Pretty good observation, i guess that answers my question

No, that's a predatory grin.

Ahhh yes, im glad hes practicing it for the season.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/4414/111219380.1/0_715a7_a1fc8e5d_XL.jpg, hehe. Radul22 is Radulov, and he wrote that he demanded for a trade on account of "coach tazed me"

I think it was determined earlier this summer during discussion that Nashville still owns his rights but man... how awesome would it be to get a deal done behind closed doors with those guys. Just pay Nashville some reasonable price to get his negotiating rights (they obviously don't expect him back - maybe move a 3rd rounder in next year's draft or something), and drop in on him and say "hey how'd you like to line up next to Geno this year?... just sign here."

I suspect we wouldn't have to throw a very big offer at him to get him to say "yes". 1 yr, maybe same money Neal makes, roughly. Enough to prove himself so he can negotiate a longer-term deal next summer.

Imagine this:

Kunitz - Sid - Neal
Sully - Geno - Radulov
Cooke - Staal - TK
Who Cares

trophy_stanleycuplg.jpg

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I think it was determined earlier this summer during discussion that Nashville still owns his rights but man... how awesome would it be to get a deal done behind closed doors with those guys. Just pay Nashville some reasonable price to get his negotiating rights (they obviously don't expect him back - maybe move a 3rd rounder in next year's draft or something), and drop in on him and say "hey how'd you like to line up next to Geno this year?... just sign here."

I suspect we wouldn't have to throw a very big offer at him to get him to say "yes". 1 yr, maybe same money Neal makes, roughly. Enough to prove himself so he can negotiate a longer-term deal next summer.

Imagine this:

Kunitz - Sid - Neal
Sully - Geno - Radulov
Cooke - Staal - TK
Who Cares

trophy_stanleycuplg.jpg

Don't see it happening but one can only dream.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Radulov would fit like a glove on this team.

Needs-wise, absolutely. Although to hear it from the Preds board his personality flaws bear a striking resemblance in some ways to those who Die Alive. Just swap out some of the insecurity for egomania and you have Radulov apparently. Maybe it's just as well we don't have him.

I have to think at some point over the last couple years Shero entertained the idea because it is a bad situation for Nashville's GM, which I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to drop the problem in someone else's lap if he though he could get a reasonable price. For that matter was Shero there the year Radulov left? That would pretty much guarantee it would never happen IMO but I forget the timelines exactly.

I don't know much about the guy's personality but you could say this at least: whatever emo baggage he'd carry with him (like Filatov or Zherdev), you'd at least know that unlike those two, Radulov would f-ing light it up playing next to Geno. 80 points would be an avg year for him in that situation IMO.

Unless he's gotten fat like Doughty. :sarcasm:

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The message at the bottom is:

Mal trener zaebal obmenna poroshu = мал тренер заебал обмена попрошу

Basically means he got into a confrontation with the coach and wants a release/trade/exchage.

(My Russian is elementary, so it might be off a little.)

No, that's a pretty good translation, Harv. I'd only add that "zaebat", the verb, is pretty intense. Sounds like it was a hell of an argument.

open0rclosed

Nov 29, 2006
BAHAHAHA Geno. This man is GOLD

malkin71_ Евгений Малкин
Hooooooottttt!!!!!!!!! yfrog.com/kjlv9buj
8 minutes ago

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone see the players tweets that the NHL Network is scrolling on their ticker? What a bunch of mind-numbingly pointless dribble. NHL players are criminally boring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad