Pittsburgh Penguins on Twitter

Miss Ausguins

Needs moar Vodka
Jul 28, 2010
Straya
Oh I am loving it when I get on Twitter just to see what Geno is Tweeting (not that a lot of it is in English).....Although his banter with Paul Bissonette is value enough :D

Skk82

Mar 30, 2004
Arlington, VA
I remember a while back Bissonnette did an interview (or a series of tweets) when he was talking about how funny Malkin is, and how when some things gets lost in translation it makes him even better. Bissonnette said something along the lines of "yeah I got some texts from Geno and I actually think Malkin thinks my name is Biz Nasty. Like, first name Biz, last name Nasty."

So their conversation back in forth with Malkin only calling him "nasty" really seemed funny to me.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I remember a while back Bissonnette did an interview (or a series of tweets) when he was talking about how funny Malkin is, and how when some things gets lost in translation it makes him even better. Bissonnette said something along the lines of "yeah I got some texts from Geno and I actually think Malkin thinks my name is Biz Nasty. Like, first name Biz, last name Nasty."

So their conversation back in forth with Malkin only calling him "nasty" really seemed funny to me.

:laugh:

Bissonnette and Whitney still on this team would probably make it the funniest team in the league.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
malkin71_ Евгений Малкин
Прочитал наоборот слово унитаз, теперь боюсь на него садиться!!! )))

It's something about sitting on a toliet..and hes scared of it?

Something isn't right. :help:

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
malkin71_ Евгений Малкин
Прочитал наоборот слово унитаз, теперь боюсь на него садиться!!! )))
It's something about sitting on a toliet..and hes scared of it?
Something isn't right. :help:

It's an old Russian joke. "Zatinu" ("unitaz" (toilet) backwards) sounds the same as "zatyanu" - "I'll suck in".

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
That's actually the whole joke.
"I read "unitaz" backwards and now I'm afraid to sit on it!".

Unitaz (унитаз) => Zatinu (затину) => Zatyanu (затяну); "I'll suck you in!"

You must be a very brave man not to be scared by option of being sucked in the toilet :)

I'm bad at explaining... :help:

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
malkin71_ Евгений Малкин
Бог сказал: бойся слез обиженного тобой человека, ведь он будет просить меня о помощи и я помогу...

Geno getting spiritual.

God said, Fear not hurt you, tears of man, because he would ask for my help and I will help ...

(It's not a perfect translation)

laufer72

Jan 16, 2010
malkin71_ Евгений Малкин
Бог сказал: бойся слез обиженного тобой человека, ведь он будет просить меня о помощи и я помогу...

Geno getting spiritual.

God said, Fear not hurt you, tears of man, because he would ask for my help and I will help ...

God said, fear the tears of a mean you hurt, for I will help him if he asks for help.

just an old saying....

Dan Barr

May 28, 2009
Pittsburgh
malkin71_ Евгений Малкин

Geno getting spiritual.

Oh, okay. Haha. That's a pretty good joke. A couple years ago I was reading the page on Wikipedia about Russian humor or common Russian jokes or something like that. Lots of fun jokes.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Nice he got a photo of the pens media day. Is it me or is brooks smiling?

scaled.php

Edit: I wonder, did they put the lighter haired brooks, and staal on the sides, on purpose?

Last edited:

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West
Nice he got a photo of the pens media day. Is it me or is brooks smiling?
My cat used to smile and lick its lips any time birds flew onto the porch. So yes, Brooks is smiling.

scaled.php

Edit: I wonder, did they put the lighter haired brooks, and staal on the sides, on purpose?

It's based on how central to the team they are, I think. Crosby and Malkin are at the center, Fleury and Letang are on the next tier of stardom, and Orpik and Staal are core players, but not quite stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad