OT: Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst | Now with Drunken Rants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Did the Sidney Blandsby interview go up yet?

Edit: I listened to the podcast.
- Crosby will make a great coach. That is obvious.
- Geno thing was interesting
- Agree the coach and assistant have to be different.
- Him snapping at Geno, I wonder if Sully is actually too soft with how that situation was handled. I think Tocchet was the guy that got more battle out of them it seems.
- lmao the chinup thing. Also gee..personality and Phil. It’s back to being bland. Just how the team likes it.
- Seems like Sully didn’t like handling him (Phil) and Tocchet was more relatable and that is how a coach should be. Are you being sarcastic that it was wrong or agreeing that it was right and Tocchet is a good coach? Because Tocchet is.
- Lol at the Sheary and Rust thing. Jeez Geno...

Funniest damn thing is Tocchet said it was during the 2016-2017 season, and as noted Geno didn't know Sheary's or Rust's full name after winning the cup the year before.

Better than that (and this went unmentioned): Rust was his LINEMATE for the playoffs, and as far as Geno knew, his name was Rusty. :laugh:

Reactions: PensandCaps

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Funniest damn thing is Tocchet said it was during the 2016-2017 season, and as noted Geno didn't know Sheary's or Rust's full name after winning the cup the year before.

Better than that (and this went unmentioned): Rust was his LINEMATE for the playoffs, and as far as Geno knew, his name was Rusty. :laugh:
Lol yeah that part got me laughing out loud. I'm not sure if he does that with all the rookies or younger new guys but it's hilarious.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That Tocchet interview was a good listen. Sounds like Phil did just as good of a good job of keeping Geno intact as Tocchet did.

I do think the plan from day one was to move Phil before his contract expired, but the whole thing still seemed forced. I do wonder how much of that could be attributed to Phil missing Tocchet/Recchi not being able to do what Tocchet did.

I half expect the Sid interview to be really good.
The way the Pens sounded and handled it so f***ing amateur though. For a team that people talk so highly about respect and professionalism, all of this was handled without any of that.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The way the Pens sounded and handled it so ****ing amateur though. For a team that people talk so highly about respect and professionalism, all of this was handled without any of that.

Please, the Pens ALWAYS handle these type of departures as if they're consulting the PR for Dummies manual.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@pixiesfanyo Tocchet has done a good job with what he's had in Arizona so far. Even with a Phil Kessel there. They're not making his job easier with that roster. But they added a huge offensive threat. They just barely missed the playoffs and didn't have a healthy Schmaltz to help them.

Pens without Tocchet as the AC btw, have been at times out of a playoff spot and have not evolved their shit and have massive "culture" and "leadership" issues.

Also the idiocy in comparing what he's done in Zona is just...like come on. Of the shit you harp on, that was hilariously bad. Chayka hasn't done him many favours until this year with an add of Kessel.

Please, the Pens ALWAYS handle these type of departures as if they're consulting the PR for Dummies manual.
Yeah it didn't look good how they handled it at all.

Reactions: KIRK

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The local media has done a great job spreading the Kessel anti propaganda directly from the team.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
That's a nice job Yohe has. Write 1 insight-free article a month, weak clapbacks on Twitter whenever you want, get paid a ton of money.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I also don't see Sid (or any other superstars) wanting to develop their coaching abilities in juniors or the minors and working their way up.

I think somebody asked Sid about coaching a couple of summers back, after one of those polls of hockey players came out saying other players saw Sid as the most likely to be a great coach, and he seems more interested in working in younger players then anyway. Although I suspect in more of a college/player development role i.e. less travel.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Sid following Guerin's route of player development to AGM sounds the most likely.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think somebody asked Sid about coaching a couple of summers back, after one of those polls of hockey players came out saying other players saw Sid as the most likely to be a great coach, and he seems more interested in working in younger players then anyway. Although I suspect in more of a college/player development role i.e. less travel.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Sid following Guerin's route of player development to AGM sounds the most likely.
I feel like he would take the same path as Yzerman. A GM will hire him as an assistant gm and he'll do that for a few years until he's ready to take the role.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
There's that one guy on SC that makes me cringe because his Boston accent is so thick. It is the most grating accent I've ever had to listen to for an hour.
Isn't it awful? Whitney has one of course but it just sounds like a normal Boston accent as far as I can tell, I'm no expert on regional accents/dialects or anything. But his other clown sounds like if Adam Sandler did a character as a perpetually drunk Boston guy. It's like a caricature of the most obnoxious sounding Boston accent, just sounds so over the top that it's hard to believe it's real.

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
Isn't it awful? Whitney has one of course but it just sounds like a normal Boston accent as far as I can tell, I'm no expert on regional accents/dialects or anything. But his other clown sounds like if Adam Sandler did a character as a perpetually drunk Boston guy. It's like a caricature of the most obnoxious sounding Boston accent, just sounds so over the top that it's hard to believe it's real.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah I thought it was a joke at first until a friend told me no, that's just how that guy talks. It's horrible.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
"Survey." More accurately, a social media poll on a travel company's page. :laugh:

Nice try, Boston. Nice try.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
There's that one guy on SC that makes me cringe because his Boston accent is so thick. It is the most grating accent I've ever had to listen to for an hour.

Yeah I thought it was a joke at first until a friend told me no, that's just how that guy talks. It's horrible.

That's "RA or Rear Admiral" he's one of their connections to Barstool. His accent can come off pretty over the top, but i think he does it up a bit. Heard a player they had on for an interview tease him about his "on air voice" as opposed to when he's not on the podcast

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
That's "RA or Rear Admiral" he's one of their connections to Barstool. His accent can come off pretty over the top, but i think he does it up a bit. Heard a player they had on for an interview tease him about his "on air voice" as opposed to when he's not on the podcast

I feel there aren't enough Rear Admiral jokes in our culture

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad