OT: Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst | Now with Drunken Rants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
You lads drink it black or add milk/cream and sugar??

Sometimes I'll add some almond milk and maybe Splenda. I don't even really prefer the taste, just makes it easier to get a substantial portion down quickly so I don't cause a multicar pileup from falling asleep at the wheel.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
You lads drink it black or add milk/cream and sugar??
Depends on my mood. Kinda by default, if it's good coffee either at a shop or home, I'll do black. Even sheetz coffee I'll do black as I think it's pretty good. If I'm at a starbucks I'll do a little cream. Or if I'm feeling frisky I'll get a vanilla latte or cold brew.

If I'm at a new coffee shop I'll get a specialty coffee drink if it looks good. Otherwise I'll do black or a pour over.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Depends on my mood. Kinda by default, if it's good coffee either at a shop or home, I'll do black. Even sheetz coffee I'll do black as I think it's pretty good. If I'm at a starbucks I'll do a little cream. Or if I'm feeling frisky I'll get a vanilla latte or cold brew.

If I'm at a new coffee shop I'll get a specialty coffee drink if it looks good. Otherwise I'll do black or a pour over.
See I did coffee black for a year or two when I was in my 20's and noticed I started to get really bad acid reflux because of it and my doc told me not to do that anymore, once in a while maybe, but I will feel it if I do it and if you've had acid reflux mate, you know it is bollocks for the rest of your day with feeling good.

Sometimes I'll add some almond milk and maybe Splenda. I don't even really prefer the taste, just makes it easier to get a substantial portion down quickly so I don't cause a multicar pileup from falling asleep at the wheel.

Because I am now a sensitive wanker, I usually add some lactose free milk to my coffee, like little bit just to make it so I don't get reflux, but I rarely, if ever, add sugar. I know the lactose free milk itself, will add its own flavor and I am essentially ruining a drink I should try to enjoy as is, but man I wish I could.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
Black as my still-beating heart is how I take my coffee.

The only correct answer. Unless some a-hole serves you a battery acid/sludge cocktail, then you need some non-dairy milk. Or a nearby sink to pour it into.

Because I am now a sensitive wanker, I usually add some lactose free milk to my coffee, like little bit just to make it so I don't get reflux, but I rarely, if ever, add sugar. I know the lactose free milk itself, will add its own flavor and I am essentially ruining a drink I should try to enjoy as is, but man I wish I could.

Have you tried Good Karma Flaxmilk? The unsweetened vanilla + protein is my go-to.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The only correct answer. Unless some a-hole serves you a battery acid/sludge cocktail, then you need some non-dairy milk. Or a nearby sink to pour it into.

Have you tried Good Karma Flaxmilk? The unsweetened vanilla + protein is my go-to.
I'll be on the look out for that in the health foods aisle next time we go for groceries.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
speaking of coffee: Good morning from my quarantine office:

clip_image001.jpg

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I love that me wanting coffee while I was sick has prompted a week-long conversation about coffee. Guess there's not much else to talk about without hockey. Appreciate you guys thinking of me and/or thinking I'm weird.

It’a funny the few times I have sports talk on now, listening to them try to find stuff to talk about also.

Last edited:

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
It’a funny the few times I have sports talk on now, listening to them try to find stuff to talk about also.

We need live sports. Without fans. Soon.

Just test errybody and let's go. Ratings would be yu...er, sorry, huge.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Not universally, but yeah. One of my other close friends is ethnically Vietnamese, but Slovak-by-birth, and he can go toe to toe with a large Russian man when it's time to drink shots and not even look embarrassed. The Vietnamese can throw down. :laugh:
Lol not the wankers my gf is friends with. When they visit we go camping and this is where I get to shine as we Brits can throw down and her mates all chase their shots and I chase my shots with another shot just to f*** with them.

Her two Korean friends, f***, those ladies can drink. I've never seen two women drink like that and still stand and seem sober.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I’m somewhat surprised all these major networks and locally 93.7 the Fan haven’t had to lay anyone off. Or furlough, at least.

Guess that means people are still listening/tuning in?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My wife’s Filipino. After one glass of wine her face is hot and flush. And she’s buzzed.
Haha nice. I think I know one phrase in Tagalog, how to say good morning. It's all this bloke taught me in the office.

Also this bun thing with condensed milk when I was able to eat proper bread. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad