OT: Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst | Now with Drunken Rants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

exHornet

May 14, 2014
I’m somewhat surprised all these major networks and locally 93.7 the Fan haven’t had to lay anyone off. Or furlough, at least.

Guess that means people are still listening/tuning in?

More likely it means that already they had pared down to the barest of skeleton crews.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Not universally, but yeah. One of my other close friends is ethnically Vietnamese, but Slovak-by-birth, and he can go toe to toe with a large Russian man when it's time to drink shots and not even look embarrassed. The Vietnamese can throw down. :laugh:

One of my closest friends is Vietnamese. In college he'd drink 10 beers, but would be drunk after the first 3. Life of the party for sure.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The Top 5 Worst Pittsburgh Penguins Acquisitions of All-Time

Kingerski doesn't even mention Markus Naslund for Alex Stojanov on the worst all time Penguin acquisitions. How is that even possible?

I mean he has Iginla on there. Which is hilarious considering he produced at nearly a PPG through the regular season and playoffs. Hell, even David Perron shouldn’t be on that list. If you’re talking about the worst trades in the modern era I’d go Poni and Reaves.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I forgot Crankshaft for TWO 2nd round picks, I thought it was just one. Not sure if top 5, but that kinda sucked.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I mean he has Iginla on there. Which is hilarious considering he produced at nearly a PPG through the regular season and playoffs. Hell, even David Perron shouldn’t be on that list. If you’re talking about the worst trades in the modern era I’d go Poni and Reaves.

The idea that somehow Ponikarovsky was the answer for Geno's wing still gives me night terrors.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I guess the bigger issue was the fact there were like legitimate heavy weights like Kovalchuk, Lupul, etc on the market and the fact there were secondary options like Stempniak also.

Yeah that's what I mean. It's not like it wasn't at least an IDEA... were there no options. But Shero always did have some dumb (to me) ideas about how to support his two star players and breadwinners.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

Forget it, Jake. It's Kingerskitown.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
It’s Pomp’s birthday today, everyone loves Pomp. Happy Birthday, Pomp! #PompinAintEasy

Also MM spent one of his shows this week again talking about how James Connor and Boo Boo Shoester suck. MM uber alles! What would we do without him.

Last edited:

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Seth Rorabaugh is back with the Trib.
He’s all over the place, can’t even keep track anymore.

Funny stuff in the Pgh media lately with Mueller and Poni dying on the “Jameis to the Steelers was a thing/should’ve happened” hill, Madden continuing to being an even more insufferably miserable SOB (he basically threatened Bill Peduto if he was the reason his hockey doesn’t come back, cries about not being able to see Aerosmith and then calls pro athletes selfish for not wanting to return lol).

Pomp and Slick Richie Walsh are able to golf today though, yay!

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
If you're mad about not seeing Aerosmith, Peduto has nothing to do with that. They're old, unhealthy men who probably destroyed their lungs with cigarettes and crack cocaine. If they have lawyers or a business manager, they're not doing concerts for a while, regardless of who the mayor is.

If you're going to pick on Peduto, pick on him about something that actually is his fault, like the bicycle lanes.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
If you're mad about not seeing Aerosmith, Peduto has nothing to do with that. They're old, unhealthy men who probably destroyed their lungs with cigarettes and crack cocaine. If they have lawyers or a business manager, they're not doing concerts for a while, regardless of who the mayor is.

If you're going to pick on Peduto, pick on him about something that actually is his fault, like the bicycle lanes.
I think the Peduto spin is more if he’s the reason the Penguins don’t play. But pretty much all MM cares about is Liverpool, the Penguins and washed 70s/80s hair bands.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I think the Peduto spin is more if he’s the reason the Penguins don’t play. But pretty much all MM cares about is Liverpool, the Penguins and washed 70s/80s hair bands.

As I said pages and pages ago, MM is a really striking insight into the culture of a certain generation of yinzer. :laugh:

Just replace Liverpool with a local high school football team.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I forgot Crankshaft for TWO 2nd round picks, I thought it was just one. Not sure if top 5, but that kinda sucked.
No, the two 2nd round picks were just...I think collectively, no one liked that trade in the fan base. Hell, I remember reading constantly about trying to make him sound cool because of a keg tap thing he invested/invented.

Otherwise, another largely wasted trade by Raymundo Shero.

SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!
Q0fPEk0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad