OT: Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst | Now with Drunken Rants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Why is everyone in the media a moron?

Heh, it's pretty obvious Madden only read the headline, and not the article itself. The article itself never claimed that things would be better if they hadn't (and pretty much said that the Cups won made it worth it, anyway). I mean, it's a meaningless puff-piece, but what else is there to write about with regards to hockey in late July? It was just for fun, and clearly intended as such.

Reactions: Patric Hornqvist

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
seriously, its like no one ever read anything in a sports offseason before about that said sport

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Any MIKE VUKOVCAN fans out there? (Funny thing about this is Alan Saunders works for his site)

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
What job did you turn him down for?

He offered me a position that was kind of a jack of all trades. Would be working with video editing, pod casts, writing, across the board stuff (as he says in the DMs, "EVERYTHING!") and it was really enticing. And then I started asking questions:

What's the salary? "40 range"
Is this salary of 1099? "We're 1099 right now but long story short we have a plan in place to be salaried for everyone by years end."
Will there be moving expenses? "No."
What about benefits? "Nothing as of yet but it's coming."

I'd just started a job that was full time here in town that I enjoyed and something felt uncomfortable about his replies so I said no but that I appreciated the offer. Never heard back. Two weeks later Yohe leaves and the stories of him being horrible to work for start coming out. And yes, I still have all of the receipts to prove this happened.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
He offered me a position that was kind of a jack of all trades. Would be working with video editing, pod casts, writing, across the board stuff (as he says in the DMs, "EVERYTHING!") and it was really enticing. And then I started asking questions:

Is this salary of 1099? "We're 1099 right now but long story short we have a plan in place to be salaried for everyone by years end."

I'd just started a job that was full time here in town that I enjoyed and something felt uncomfortable about his replies so I said no but that I appreciated the offer. Never heard back. Two weeks later Yohe leaves and the stories of him being horrible to work for start coming out. And yes, I still have all of the receipts to prove this happened.

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiikes. Glad you didn't take that dude. You'd be doing the job of at least 3 people for barely an average salary of one.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Yiiiiiiiiiiiiikes. Glad you didn't take that dude. You'd be doing the job of at least 3 people for barely an average salary of one.
I wonder if “40 range” is what he offers his regular staff writers or whatever.

I’m sure more for the more experienced/bigger name people, but still, while it’s something, the amount of work, dealing with DK, no benefits... yeah probably a good call turning that one down.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
I wonder if “40 range” is what he offers his regular staff writers or whatever.

I’m sure more for the more experienced/bigger name people, but still, while it’s something, the amount of work, dealing with DK, no benefits... yeah probably a good call turning that one down.

I'd just started a full time job in the same field where I live with benefits and access to a lot of extra work. This had too many red flags of uncertainty and the thought of "If it doesn't work out I've moved my wife from her family for three months of a job I ended up drowning in." I had no doubt I could do aspects of the job but there was nothing defined in terms of role and pay? Pass. Especially when the vaguely defined pay scale was probably a pay cut on what my new job was paying (minus the ability to make the $12k extra I made in freelance).

Either way, with what came out afterward and based on those conversations it was really, very good I said no.

Reactions: Rossi Rat

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

Definitely made great decision then.

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA

WOAH, look out paying you like 17 dollars an hour and having to pay a shitload of out of pocket taxes on that. LOL What a POS.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad