OT: Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst | Now with Drunken Rants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Can you elaborate?

I can't speak of anything in particular but I have a feeling his has some sort of low level mental illness (NOTE: I'm a highly functioning person with bi-polar disorder and feel like there's some similarities in him). He's clearly a deep, introspective person. He left a previous job after his father passed (which can make some level of sense) but he seems to have down cycling issues based on nothing more than some of what I see from him on twitter, his trends and how often he job hunts. He's obviously talented but he either gives up too soon, decides he needs to move on because of some reason, or something and that's something that seems to be a cyclical thing.

Like I said, this is pure speculation. I say this coming from a place of care and concern as someone who deals with similar (as it stands I'm feeling unhappy at a job I loved last week and will probably love again next week, but I'm having a week where everything seems dull and sucky). I've just always gotten this feeling he gets in his own head and has some issues that lend to that.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Jason Rollison, who wrote some baseball features for DK, passed away at the age of 38. Form of kidney cancer had spread to his back, pretty sure he only found out about it a month or so ago. Very sad and not fair, so young. RIP.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Jason Rollison, who wrote some baseball features for DK, passed away at the age of 38. Form of kidney cancer had spread to his back, pretty sure he only found out about it a month or so ago. Very sad and not fair, so young. RIP.
Damn he found out and had a month to live? That's young and also very sad and tragic.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Mark Madden will call everybody on the Steelers out but Ben. But doesn't have the balls to call Letang out LOL

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Lots of yuck.

GMJR says JJ is definitely part of this team going forward. That they like him a lot as a 3d pairing guy. Called him our best PK'er on D. Basically called bunk on the story he was gonna get moved.

He also butchered Galchenyuk and Guentzel's last names.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lots of yuck.

GMJR says JJ is definitely part of this team going forward. That they like him a lot as a 3d pairing guy. Called him our best PK'er on D. Basically called bunk on the story he was gonna get moved.

I can only believe this is his typical bs...just like “we don’t have to trade Kessel” and “we can find a 3C”...

Reactions: td_ice

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Lots of yuck.

I’ll translate this into real talk for the board...

“I f***ed up and made myself a huge shit sandwich last summer. This summer I tried and tried to get someone else to eat it for me, but instead of wanting $5 to do it, they want a C-note.”

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

“I ****ed up and made myself a huge **** sandwich last summer. This summer I tried and tried to get someone else to eat it for me, but instead of wanting $5 to do it, they want a C-note.”

I laughed so hard at this...it might be because I’m really high, or it could be because it’s really really true...

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, i covered all of his interview in the SC thread and wrote out the word for word on the JJ bit. The question posed plus the answer.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

“I ****ed up and made myself a huge **** sandwich last summer. This summer I tried and tried to get someone else to eat it for me, but instead of wanting $5 to do it, they want a C-note.”
Also potentially; "I tried to get someone to pay me to let them eat the shit sandwich but it turns out they wanted me to give them $100."

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Don’t worry. JR always fixes his mistakes.

Like icing 9 D when we have a player that has a groin injury and forcing him to play or we have 11 forwards.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Mark Madden has been MIA - hasn’t tweeted in like 4 days and Deyawn has been filling in on his show the past few days. Bunch of people asking DK and his producer on Twitter about him but no response.

Dude is pretty laissez-faire when it comes to his health, like he doesn’t care that much.

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh

not sure why the tweet is showing as unavailable, but Madden tweeted “News of my demise has been greatly exaggerated”

Then this (let’s see if it shows up...)

...no clue. Anyway, he says he’s going to miss some wrestling thing at the Pete “while recovering.”

Edit: just realized it may be my blocker settings that aren’t letting tweets through. Hopefully you guys can still see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad