Confirmed Trade: [PIT/VAN] Erik Gudbranson for Tanner Pearson

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
This probably ends terribly for the Pens and most fans I think would still undo the trade if they could, but Guds has been better than Vancouver fans had warned. Maybe he's being sheltered better. Maybe this system is better for him. Maybe he's got a D partner that covers for him well. Maybe this is just a small sample size. We shall see.

Now that he's with the organization, I'll support him and hope he does well.
I’ve already touched on why he’s been effective there, I even tweeted it at official Pens twitter and they literally did what I said to do.
You never allow him to handle the puck. Pettersson has done all the puck moving for him, his job is simply be big and hard on the puck. The second part was always a challenge for him as so many players can skate better or at the very least turn on the ice without the full width of the rink. Continue to do this and you’ll probably find better success than Canucks did with him.

Reactions: NEPA

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
What does this have to do with anything? Is this a Schenn vs. Gudbranson thread?

Gud's play has been fine. Contract is an issue. All we have learned from Vancouver fans so far is that you guys love hyperbole and are annoying.

Schenn has been Gud’s replacement, so they are related for the Canucks.

Just wait for RealGud to make an appearance.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Luke schenn is still atrocious

I saw Luke Schenn play for the first time in a long time last night. I always thought he’d be the perfect number 6 for the leafs this year. He is far to slow for the NHL today. I never noticed that problem with Gudbranson

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I saw Luke Schenn play for the first time in a long time last night. I always thought he’d be the perfect number 6 for the leafs this year. He is far to slow for the NHL today. I never noticed that problem with Gudbranson
You clearly have never watch Gudbranson try to make a turn

Fordy

May 28, 2008
hated the trade at the time but gud’s play more than passes the eye test and his advanced stats are through the roof. something must be rotten in vancouver

Reactions: domaug

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
hated the trade at the time but gud’s play more than passes the eye test and his advanced stats are through the roof. something must be rotten in vancouver

He stunk in Florida without Brian Campbell

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
He's been legitimately good so far with us. I'm skeptical it continues, but as someone who hated the trade I do still have to give him credit for what he has done so far.

He does seem like an easy guy to root for. Well spoken and humble. Seems like a good team guy. That was one positive thing I read in a lot of different places. Does being a team guy make up for being a bad player? Of course not. But if he can keep playing at the solid level he has so far and brings that locker room presence I'm pretty happy with him.

Gsh

Oct 14, 2018
Good thing the Leafs didn’t get him. He would go from Erik Gudbranson to Erik GudProSon in a second under Babs

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Believe it or not the fanbase was divided on that trade. “Nucks fans” can have differing opinions.

Poppycock! This is HF. All fanbases are monolithic, a sixth-rounder is more valuable than an average NHL player, and winning a trade is more important for the psyche than winning the cup.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
lol @ the comments towards Canucks fans.

Luke freaking Schenn has come in and played better than Gudbranson. Alex Biega, a guy most of you have probably never heard of, has been our #7 D for several years and has played better than Gudbranson. Nobody is just making any of this stuff up. Watch the games and look at the stats.

If any of you actually watched any Canucks games, you'd understand why most of us were low on Gudbranson (and his atrocious advanced stats supported that).

2 good weeks in Pittsburgh do not outweigh years of ineptitude.

Him playing good in Pittsburgh doesn't mean he wasn't terrible in Vancouver, both things can be true.

If for whatever reason he fits in Pittsburgh, good for him and good for them. Like others have said, he seems like a great guy, and that always gets fans on his side.

If you think he's a long-term top-4 solution then have at it. I don't see that ending well.

Can he be fine in a limited depth role when playing behind the right team and system? Sure why not.

Last edited:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
lol @ the comments towards Canucks fans.

Luke freaking Schenn has come in and played better than Gudbranson. Alex Biega, a guy most of you have probably never heard of, has been our #7 D for several years and has played better than Gudbranson. Nobody is just making any of this stuff up. Watch the games and look at the stats.

If any of you actually watched any Canucks games, you'd understand why most of us were low on Gudbranson (and his atrocious advanced stats supported that).

2 good weeks in Pittsburgh do not outweigh years of ineptitude.

Him playing good in Pittsburgh doesn't mean he wasn't terrible in Vancouver, both things can be true.

If for whatever reason he fits in Pittsburgh, good for him and good for them. Like others have said, he seems like a great guy, and that always gets fans on his side.

If you think he's a long-term top-4 solution then have at it. I don't see that ending well.

Can he be fine in a limited depth role when playing behind the right and system? Sure why not.
Yeah, he sucked big time in Vancouver. Shultz also sucked in Edmonton before going to Pittsburgh. Sometimes guys need a change of scenery to get it together.

Reactions: Empoleon8771
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad