Confirmed Trade: [PIT/VAN] Erik Gudbranson for Tanner Pearson

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalderSchmalder

Jul 26, 2009
Vancouver
Damn. Did he bang your girl bro? :laugh:

For a Canucks fan to give that many ****s about the Pens is hilarious. I figured we had some love built up for a while after we got ass raped on the Naslund trade :laugh:
Has nothing to do with the Pens specifically, most Canucks fans are just warning you that he has been a horrendous hockey player his entire 450 game career.

Reactions: Canucks5551

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
His five game sample was right in line with his performance last night.

Why do you hate Gudbranson so much? Seems like he was a class act aside from his miserable defensive play while in Vancouver which judging by the Canucks record since he was traded doesn’t seem like it was entirely on him..
Are you Gudbransons mom, god forbid Gudbranson himself? Stop making excuses for the guy to explain away 8+ years of suck.

I don’t hate Gudbranson, what a nonsense notion. I hate the Penguins, I hate Penguins fans, and I hate people overstating blatant inaccuracies. Which is to say I’m not a huge fan of practically any Non-Canucks fan post in this thread in general.

You just keep trotting out falsehoods so I’ll feel free to call them like I see them. Claiming anything based on Gudbranson’s 5-game sample size is sure to work out for you so keep on keeping on, I guess. People dismissing Canucks fans opinions of Gudbranson in this thread is the height of ignorance. I mean he only played what approximately 30X as many games for them as he has for the Penguins but who’s counting.

Surely I hope you wouldn’t take your last line to suggest that the success Pittsburgh has had SINCE the Trade is entirely on him, either? Although given the specious arguments you’ve made this far based on foolishly small sample-sizes I wouldn’t, at all, be surprised.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Are you Gudbransons mom, god forbid Gudbranson himself? Stop making excuses for the guy to explain away 8+ years of suck.

I don’t hate Gudbranson, what a nonsense notion. I hate the Penguins, I hate Penguins fans, and I hate people overstating blatant inaccuracies. Which is to say I’m not a huge fan of practically any Non-Canucks fan post in this thread in general.

You just keep trotting out falsehoods so I’ll feel free to call them like I see them. Claiming anything based on Gudbranson’s 5-game sample size is sure to work out for you so keep on keeping on, I guess. People dismissing Canucks fans opinions of Gudbranson in this thread is the height of ignorance. I mean he only played what approximately 30X as many games for them as he has for the Penguins but who’s counting.

Surely I hope you wouldn’t take your last line to suggest that the success Pittsburgh has had SINCE the Trade is entirely on him, either? Although given the specious arguments you’ve made this far based on foolishly small sample-sizes I wouldn’t, at all, be surprised.

I mean, if you hate Penguins fans I think it is obvious you have an agenda.

None of us are happy about Gudbranson and his price tag. But, we’ve been pleasantly surprised by him. Is that okay with you?

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
You're a sad human and I feel bad for you. You don't know how to read.

Gud contract = bad
Gud play so far = good

Nothing more, nothing less. Well, there is more, because you keep making it more, but here in reality that's how pretty much every Pens fan feels. Did Gudbranson kick your dog or something? Christ almighty you look really bad in this thread man.
Whatever you say dude. I don’t care about Gudbranson or you. I’m just shining some light on some realities you don’t like. For 8+ years in the league Gudbranson has proven himself a bottom-pairing defender and expendable. If you think 5 games changes that OR anyone’s opinion of the player forged during that time, it’s on you. Gudbransons contract = bad. Gudbranson = not much better. I remember plenty of Pens fans saying the Jack Johnson move was working out well too. How’s that one going for you now?

Pens fans claiming they won the Trade Deadline is cute. You suggesting me calling a spade a spade makes me look “really bad in this thread” is just pathetic. Stop seeing what you want to see and open your eyes to the reality of the situation. Gudbranson is a dirty, stained band-aid on a fresh bullet wound.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Hfboards is confusing a bad contract instead of a bad D. He is a 3rd pairing D who needs a much better partner to allow him to do his thing with 3rd pairing minutes. Vancouver had none of that outside of the often injured Tanev and their forward group is nothing impressive. Gudbranson is an easy scape goat on hf since physical D is the second coming of the devil on here.

As for why JR traded Oleksiak just to trade for Gudbranson, IDK. Most lateral move in the history of lateral moves while taking on a bad contract. Straight up dumb on the Pens part.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I don't get the hate-on for Gudbranson either. Let's face it, at this point in his career he's a depth d-man who might actually thrive on a team like the Pens with limited minutes and positive match-ups.

It's not his fault that Benning traded valuable assets and picks for him, declaring him a 'top-four' d-man. And then doubling down by re-signing him to a $4m, three year contract, even though it was obvious to everyone that he wasn't close to being a top-four guy.

What's Gudbranson and his agent supposed to to do --turn it down? Canuck fans need to focus their venom where it belongs--on the Canucks GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad