Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] Pens re-sign Guentzel (5 years, $6M AAV)

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Pens Re-Sign Jake Guentzel to a Five-Year, $30 Million Contract Extension

The Pittsburgh Penguins have re-signed forward Jake Guentzel to a five-year contract extension, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Jim Rutherford.
The deal begins with the 2019-20 season and runs through the 2023-24 campaign, and it carries an average annual value of $6 million.
"Jake established himself as an impact player for our team from the beginning, especially during 2017 Stanley Cup playoffs," Rutherford said. "He has become a core player on the team and we are thrilled to get Jake signed long-term with the Penguins."

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Thank God, I was terrified of him taking a Nylander route next summer. This is a completely fair deal that's only going to look better as time goes on. Guentzel is already a terrific offensive player, I think he's going to become a Marchand type of 2-way player as he matures.

I was expecting something closer to 5 mil, but he's had a strong start so I'm not that surprised.

That's a problem with you having unrealistic expectations, though. His over/under was widely accepted to be $6 million, that's just the going rate for guys like him.

Makes Nylander's contract look pretty good

A. This is a stupid comment.
B. Leave it to a Leafs fan to make everything about the Leafs

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I feel like this is a lot of money for him, no? I mean hes a good player but I feel a lot of his production is who he plays with. Hes at a ppg pace right now but I just havent seen enough to like that type of contract.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He deserved it, kinda carried some games in the last 2 cups

He wasn't on the 2016 cup team, but if you mean the playoffs, I agree.

How? Guentzel absolutely dominates the playoffs. Hes on pace for 70+ points this year. He should make more than Nylander.

The Nylander comment is funnier when you consider that Guentzel has 23 goals in 37 career playoff games, and Nylander hasn't even hit 23 goals in an entire regular season.

He's been great in the playoffs, no argument there but 6 mill still seems high for a guy that hasn't hit 50 points in a season imo

He has 1 full season in the NHL where he had 48 points, he's on pace for 75 points this season and has a career pace of 59 points per 82 games. He's also comfortably over a PPG in the playoffs over his career.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Nice!

C_pp1GIXcAEy8n0.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad