Confirmed Trade: [PIT/LAK] Jeff Carter (@50%) for 2022 cond. 2nd/3rd round pick and 2023 cond. 3rd/4th round pick

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Many Kings fans and several fans from other teams in the division think it's a good pick up so I am good with it. We play a speed game and he still has his wheels so I like it. Our 4th best RW was Erod and now we have Rust, Kapanen, Carter, and Tanev. That is a very strong group of RW's.

If Carter is used at Center then the Pens put McCann back to LW. That gives us Crosby, Malkin, Carter, and Blueger down the middle and Guentzel, Zucker, McCann, and ZAR at LW. Either way it makes our team much stronger replacing our 4th line we used for most of the season which was Sceviour-Jankowski-Lafferty or some lowly combo like that. Now Pens will put out two 1st lines and two 3rd lines.

This definitely makes our team better. At first I was worried about Caps adding Mantha and Raffl but then I realized they lost Vrana and Panik. Don't see how that makes them better? They already had been a big, older, slow team and now they are bigger and slower but offensively it is pretty much a wash. Trying to be the broad street bullies. They are going to try and pound teams into submission.

Pens beat the Caps with speed this season and I think we still can. It just comes down to how many guys they can hurt before the series is over. Pens are very deep with forwards and defense so we could survive players getting hurt as we have proven over the last 20 games. Pens are 15-3-1 in the last 20 games with much of that with 5 of our top 9 forwards out. Now we just added more forward depth.

Reactions: BringTheReign

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Any word if Carter waived his NTC, or did they flip him without him knowing?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

There's a quote or paraphrase of Hextall somewhere that implies that Carter was aware that he might go to Pittsburgh and was OK with it. He didn't have a NTC or NMC, but Blake might've done him the courtesy of making sure that he didn't mind.

Reactions: Giskard

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
Handzus had negative value in 2013. He was washed up in every way. But in the end he was a major player for the Hawks title run.

This is much better,

Reactions: Byfield

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
He didn't have a no movement... pens tried to trade for him a few weeks ago but came together a couple days ago. Jeff wanted to go to pitt.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Many Kings fans and several fans from other teams in the division think it's a good pick up so I am good with it. We play a speed game and he still has his wheels so I like it. Our 4th best RW was Erod and now we have Rust, Kapanen, Carter, and Tanev. That is a very strong group of RW's.

If Carter is used at Center then the Pens put McCann back to LW. That gives us Crosby, Malkin, Carter, and Blueger down the middle and Guentzel, Zucker, McCann, and ZAR at LW. Either way it makes our team much stronger replacing our 4th line we used for most of the season which was Sceviour-Jankowski-Lafferty or some lowly combo like that. Now Pens will put out two 1st lines and two 3rd lines.

This definitely makes our team better. At first I was worried about Caps adding Mantha and Raffl but then I realized they lost Vrana and Panik. Don't see how that makes them better? They already had been a big, older, slow team and now they are bigger and slower but offensively it is pretty much a wash. Trying to be the broad street bullies. They are going to try and pound teams into submission.

Pens beat the Caps with speed this season and I think we still can. It just comes down to how many guys they can hurt before the series is over. Pens are very deep with forwards and defense so we could survive players getting hurt as we have proven over the last 20 games. Pens are 15-3-1 in the last 20 games with much of that with 5 of our top 9 forwards out. Now we just added more forward depth.
Dont think he is going to be as effective as most people seem to think but let's give him a shot. The really issue is the pens really didn't get a wilson answer and the caps again got bigger..while Carter is a bigger forward the pens missed the boat here by not adding enough grit. Speed won't mean as much in playoffs when wilson is bashing around the pens stars with no answer . I can see pit trying to play a speed and finesse game against wash but getting wore down by mid series. ..
Pitt brought hextall and Burke in and the best they did was add one aging experienced forward.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Dont think he is going to be as effective as most people seem to think but let's give him a shot. The really issue is the pens really didn't get a wilson answer and the caps again got bigger..while Carter is a bigger forward the pens missed the boat here by not adding enough grit. Speed won't mean as much in playoffs when wilson is bashing around the pens stars with no answer . I can see pit trying to play a speed and finesse game against wash but getting wore down by mid series. ..
Pitt brought hextall and Burke in and the best they did was add one aging experienced forward.

I hear you loud and clear, and completely agree. What a disappointing deadline for the Pens.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish

By how bad Tom Wilson is in your head, I'd swear your name is James Rutherford.

The way to beat Tom Wilson? Score more goals than the Capitals. He's not going to be intimidated by any player the Pens could have acquired.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
By how bad Tom Wilson is in your head, I'd swear your name is James Rutherford.

The way to beat Tom Wilson? Score more goals than the Capitals. He's not going to be intimidated by any player the Pens could have acquired.
Do you watch any pens/caps games especially in playoffs. He rag dolls letang and forced him to take bad penalties. He slows down Jake immensely. He continues to abuse the rules and take cheap shots. There is zero doubt he injuries a least one penguin maybe more if they play in a series. Its not about being intimated LOL... hence why the new GM and president said they want more grit ...its about having pushback. Right now there is no pushback on wilson and there should be. Right now dont see the pens lasting in a 7 games series against the caps as well as losing one or more players. Even if the pens squeaked by the caps how many guys would be on the IR? You can beat him by scoring more but your stars can't score if they are getting rag dolled.. Wilson understands how important letang is and he makes him target # 1.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Hextall called a month ago and asked Blake about Carter.
Blake has said publicly that the long term vets go to choose if they stayed or went
Blake went to Carter and told him that Pitt was interested and Carter initially wanted to stay put and then decided he wanted another chance at a cup.

Reactions: kevsh

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Do you watch any pens/caps games especially in playoffs. He rag dolls letang and forced him to take bad penalties. He slows down Jake immensely. He continues to abuse the rules and take cheap shots. There is zero doubt he injuries a least one penguin maybe more if they play in a series. Its not about being intimated LOL... hence why the new GM and president said they want more grit ...its about having pushback. Right now there is no pushback on wilson and there should be. Right now dont see the pens lasting in a 7 games series against the caps as well as losing one or more players. Even if the pens squeaked by the caps how many guys would be on the IR? You can beat him by scoring more but your stars can't score if they are getting rag dolled.. Wilson understands how important letang is and he makes him target # 1.

There is no deterring Tom Wilson. He is not going to stop injuring people even if he had to answer to a 23 year old Mike Tyson on skates.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

We’ve beaten the Caps twice with them having Tom Wilson. The one series we lost against the Caps they didn’t have Tom Wilson for the last three games.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
It’s crazy how 1 Caps playoffs win in over a decade against the Penguins can make you say wild stuff.

The Pens don’t have a Caps problem. Ouskating and outscoring them will always be the working formula. Let Wilson be Wilson and the Pens be the Pens.

Wilson wasn’t even there when they won.

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Reposting it here, just because reading the quote is music to my ears.

But if you're just piling in on the "wHaT aBoUt HiS nTc???" troll joke, bravo to you. :laugh:

Just once I want the GM to say:

“I called him up at 12:30, and to be honest, he seemed pretty disappointed. His exact words to me were, “Really? Son of a bitch.” After that, I couldn’t quite make out what he was saying due to the sobbing.”

Last edited:

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
It’s crazy how 1 Caps playoffs win in over a decade against the Penguins can make you say wild stuff.

The Pens don’t have a Caps problem. Ouskating and outscoring them will always be the working formula. Let Wilson be Wilson and the Pens be the Pens.

Wilson wasn’t even there when they won.
your living in a dream world if you think wilson isn't gonna batter the pens. He easily injured 2 or more pens in amy series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad