Confirmed Trade: [PIT/LAK] Jeff Carter (@50%) for 2022 cond. 2nd/3rd round pick and 2023 cond. 3rd/4th round pick

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Carter makes 2M next year that will be escrowed/taxed/fee'd down to probably less than 1M. Is he willing to uproot his life at this point for that?

Maybe L.A. is just faking him out so he retires and they get that cap space back early.

Reactions: Fro

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Would Carter be willing to waive for Pittsburgh? I thought that he would retire instead of playing for any other team.
For the 50th time JEFF CARTER DOES NOT HAVE A NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE. ALSO HE NEVER ONCE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT RETIRING IF MOVED. He address this in a end of season press conference the year before he played his 1000 th game. He stated something to this effect i would love to play my 1000th game in a kings uniform however i realize that is not my choice. If they decide to trade me i will play it in another uniform I have no plans to retire. So please stop this bs. Its been years since that click bait article come out. The author was trying to put two and two together without a quote from Carter.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Have to imagine the Kings will have to take all the guys the Penguins waived and had clear

Reactions: Morrison

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
# 1. I wonder if PIT is trying to get a pick or something back for Carter.

# 2. I imagine if they are acquiring Carter it’s because the Malkin injury is way worse than they are selling.

Malkin is skating and Carter doesn't play center really anymore. I just see this as them buying low on a guy Hex is familiar with. Maybe they move Petts for him and try to get more back. I dont see why LA would give up anything to get rid of him tho. They dont need to trade him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00