Confirmed Trade: [PIT/LAK] Jeff Carter (@50%) for 2022 cond. 2nd/3rd round pick and 2023 cond. 3rd/4th round pick

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
He's our new DAD. I miss our old DAD Matt Cullen though. :(

Cullen was good but Carter is better. Carter gives the Pens the 3rd line needed to win a Cup. Cullen gave you the. 4th line Center needed to win the Cup. Carter is probably the best 3C we had on any Cup team to this point. Staal 2009 was very good but he was not as productive as Carter has been so far. Bonino 2016 and 2017 was good but Carter has been better to this point. Of course he has to keep it up but at this point he really has been one of our best overall players since he joined the team. Blueger gives us the Cullen production. Carter is just on another level. Different position but a better comparison would be 2009 Billy Guerin.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Always loved when Carter started putting together a Cy Young statline, that's how you knew he was feeling it. Real good sign going into the playoffs, where he's an animal too.

I knew it was a good trade because how so many Kings fans spoke highly of Carter and said he still had game. He really has been everything advertised and more. Really hope we are giving the King's a 2nd and a 3rd!:naughty:

Reactions: Guitpik

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I knew it was a good trade because how so many Kings fans spoke highly of Carter and said he still had game. He really has been everything advertised and more. Really hope we are giving the King's a 2nd and a 3rd!:naughty:
Glad to hear and I hope that we are getting that 2nd as well!!!!

Carts is a solid guy and deserves the best

Last edited:
Reactions: David Catselhoff

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Carter did everything that he could to try to upgrade the 3rd round pick to a 2nd for the benefit of both teams.

Jarry did everything that he could to sabotage it for both teams.

:cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: YP44 and Telos

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
If 36 year old Carter is your best player, the team has major issues.

Yeah, I'm disappointed that LA won't get the 2nd rounder, but I reason that they weren't likely to go far for that reason and with such goaltending, especially. If they had made it past the Isles, they probably would've just gotten torched by Boston or Tampa eventually.

At least there's still a good chance for the 4th to be upgraded to a 3rd by Carter playing in at least 50 games next season.

Last edited:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
was routing for the Pens so the pick could become a 2nd. Carter definitely held up his end of the deal. Here's hoping he has a great summer and comes out of the gate strong next year.

To LA: Carter
To Pit: 2022 4th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad